PDA

View Full Version : Priest Build.

Blynx
12-28-2005, 05:38 AM
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priests/talents.html?5002321535001005050150520010000000000 0000000

That is my spec. I plan to get a mixture of gear that allows me a adequte mana pool high stam and as much survivability as possible. Now what do you think of using items such as dark iron ring and (melee) neck pieces,rings,trinkets while using the proper armor as a priest?

Any thoughts or suggestions on other melee rings,necks,trinkets i could get out of MC/ony?

Heavy Dark iron ring:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37315

That is the main item that springs to mind.

Also this is only for pvp, inside of MC etc i plan on using proper gear as no chance of rogues and warriors coming to wtfpwn me.

Just curious as to your thoughts and if you know of any other gear

Mez
12-28-2005, 06:07 AM
priests are boring

Blynx
12-28-2005, 06:55 AM
I kinda like healbotting...It's atleast more exiting then mage in MC. Rogue is fun for world pvp but i kinda like priest atm...who knows maby i come to my senses and make a hunter or warlock =p

or maby i will come to my senses and stick with 1 character =P

Sapphire
12-28-2005, 12:37 PM
For PVP, warlock is the only cloth class worth rolling. Blizzard has made cloth armor obsolete.

Mez
12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
seriously have u played ur priest in a bg yet? you spend around 70% of the game waiting for the res timer.

Blynx
12-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Yeh all day yeterday in AB. Wasn't to bad. Being a 60 rogue and always going for a priest helps me on my priest i think. Basically if im not casting flash heal im running around constantly moving throwing renews and shields , then when needed i stop and heal.

sodium
12-28-2005, 11:12 PM
It's atleast more exiting then mage in MC

I"ve never played a mage in MC, but I can tell you the only exciting parts about healbotting in MC are when you and all the other healers are OOM and already burned pots, and a wipe is imminent.

When everything is going smoothly, its pretty boring.

Blynx
12-29-2005, 02:41 AM
As a mage i sit there pressing number 2(frostbolt), generally get bored and talk shit in raid chat or think of things i can do to annoy people.

Sapphire
12-29-2005, 03:52 AM
Yeh all day yeterday in AB. Wasn't to bad. Being a 60 rogue and always going for a priest helps me on my priest i think. Basically if im not casting flash heal im running around constantly moving throwing renews and shields , then when needed i stop and heal.

uh, what level is your priest? you don't really get a chance to do that much at 60.

Blynx
12-29-2005, 06:27 AM

the only thing that gives me trouble in AB is hunters. rogues and warriors not so bad(yet)

Dance
12-31-2005, 02:37 PM
hmm, i have a couple of questions and some statements

i also have a 60 priest, and i run BGS often, i am holy/disc specced. 2 talents that are really underused IMO are the martydom, and the other clear casting talent. (so underused that i just respecced and cant remember the name off the top of my head). Caz the things that do give me the most trouble are hunters. Hunters usually crit a lot, and when u have a pet/hunter hitting u and ur trying to cast a flash heal and run, the clear casting state on teh flash heal is invaluable. Lets u live longer, and lets u get heals off on the tank ur backpacking easier when u have someone hitting you

And after being a healbot for so long, i wanted to do some DPS so i rolled hunter. I found that in BGS, hunters are AMAZING, but in open regular pvp, they arent so great, and in duels they arent so great. Can someone just verify that for me?

Blynx
12-31-2005, 09:32 PM
Hunters just own at everything atm. NE Hunters even more so if you are an AB whore, with shadowmeld aimshot i don't think it is possible for 1 or even 2 people to cap a node while your defending it.

If your good at trapping and can scatter,fd,trap you won't lose many duels either.

boganface
12-31-2005, 11:32 PM
And after being a healbot for so long, i wanted to do some DPS so i rolled hunter. I found that in BGS, hunters are AMAZING, but in open regular pvp, they arent so great, and in duels they arent so great. Can someone just verify that for me?

My 60 hunter seems fair in duels and single pvp but that's hardly where the honour is. In BGs my role is :Pump out insane damage from 41 yards (mwahahaaa multi-shot crits) with a pet that is annoying too, shadowmeld, a trap at my feet and another waiting, scattershot, entrapment... which means i can literally snare 4 people at once (has happened) with freezing trap and to top it all off I have decent'ish' hp (4200 unbuffed) and mail armour.

Sure I've just listed my abilities and it might seem like a "troll/nerf" post, but the real beauty lies in the fact that 41yards is a fairly long way just to get trapped. So most people don't bother. A hunter is a very dangerous class to be left alone with range. Apart from the way people are actually playing hunters don't need excessive nerfing, and the BM tree is getting a suitable change anyway (yes you CAN solo players with beastial wrath).

Dance
01-02-2006, 06:09 PM
ya, i dont have scatter shot yet, my hunter is my alt

Equnax
01-02-2006, 11:43 PM
I would say that looks like a nice ring for your priest!