PDA

View Full Version : Terran Unit - Ghosts

aurawashere
07-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Are ghosts underrated?

It's pretty easy to get a nuke -> barracks-> ghost academy -> factory -> starport for medivac.

They 2 shot workers.

A nuke would absolutely decimate their economy then you can easily transition into an expo or a all-in push.

Thoughts?????

Mohdoo
07-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Not sure what you mean, Ghosts are used every single game against Protoss. And some people have used them to spam snipe against Zerg. They are certainly a lot less common against Zerg, but its hard to watch a high level PvT without seeing Ghosts.

aurawashere
07-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh :( I don't really watch pros reps but was kinda referring to like diamond/plat level of play never seen one ghost so my last couple of games I just kept nuking until they left.

edit : on US server

dbqinsa
07-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Are ghosts underrated?

It's pretty easy to get a nuke -> barracks-> ghost academy -> factory -> starport for medivac.

They 2 shot workers.

A nuke would absolutely decimate their economy then you can easily transition into an expo or a all-in push.

Thoughts?????

rushing for a ghost to nuke seems pretty dumb unless you're trying to get an achievement.

RedRagToAnOrc
07-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Yes, Ghost rush for nuke doesn't really work because you need the nuke and cloak which takes up a lot of time, during which your opponent can easily get detection.

However, they are used quite commonly both in high level TvP and in late-game TvX. Here's (http://topreplays.com/Replays/Details/574) a recent ladder match of mine where my opponent makes excellent use of Ghost diversions during fights. But even if you don't want to see repeat nukes (and me failing quite hard to stop them) - watch it anyway. It's not particularly skilled, but it's both epic and funny.

Ducksnpie
07-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I hate ghosts.

Basically, half of your hp and all your energy gone (as toss).