PDA

View Full Version : Centar warchief a bit strong...?

RollingWave
09-27-2004, 01:01 AM
k i have not played dota that much and don't know all the heros etc...

but it might be just me... every game i see a centar warchief he usually ends up pwning everyone... at higher lvl he can stun everyone forever and there's not much u could do unless u can silence and/or a super gang bang... he's also very strong vs any melee hero simply due to the aura...

And the warstomp... not only does it make for a great creep killing spell but also perma stun hero??? ummm... is there something i'm missing here? or do they always get a monkey king bar too so they keep bashing?

What exactly is this dude's weakness... someone explain ?

Burner
09-27-2004, 09:08 AM
He has always been like this. His main purpose is to tank thats why he has so much hp.

The warstomp stuns for like 3 seconds (pretty long) but only does a little dmg to balance it out, so its no worse than slardars stomp or leorics bolt imo.

How to stop him? Make sure u deny him experience and gold early on. He only starts tanking at lvl 6+ and he still isnt really strong till lvl 11 so get a ranged hero on him and make him run as much as possible back to the fountain.

StridingOne
09-27-2004, 11:11 AM
yes, counter that dude with ranged, if possible with stun/entangle/hex. he has to get into the infight in order to get money - so stun him, when he is in front of your crreps and start decreasing his HP.

ReflectionSpeak
09-27-2004, 11:22 AM
He is designed to soak up damage from spells so that intel nuke heros are useless. That is what he counters. What beats him? Try a nice ranged agil hero such as bonez. Also if possible an eye of skadi to slow him down. Focus, run back, focus, run back. He is very strong but can be countered if you're smart.

Just remember, he has up to 5000hp once you're at level 25. Early game he has between 1500-2500hp so nuke spells won't be very effective. You need high damage output and something to slow him down.

Xephon
09-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Nukes wouldnt work on a Warcheif if you had a BKB and Aegis.. now thats unstoppable o_O

Brood_Star
09-30-2004, 03:33 PM
So? We have a counter to drow for once. IMO, the main counter to him in person would just to be take a ranged agil hero thats stacked with zeus. *cough static field = GG HP cough*

Yingis_khan
09-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Well the problem is, late game (like after level 20), strength heros pretty much can own everyone. They have insane damage output, a ton of health (especially the centaur), and good spells (usually stuns/disablers). The key to is to win early game to avoid the late game domination of strength heros.

k i have not played dota that much and don't know all the heros etc...

but it might be just me... every game i see a centar warchief he usually ends up pwning everyone... at higher lvl he can stun everyone forever and there's not much u could do unless u can silence and/or a super gang bang... he's also very strong vs any melee hero simply due to the aura...

And the warstomp... not only does it make for a great creep killing spell but also perma stun hero??? ummm... is there something i'm missing here? or do they always get a monkey king bar too so they keep bashing?

What exactly is this dude's weakness... someone explain ?

Chob0
09-30-2004, 08:55 PM
the way to beat warchief, is to be kel with aegis, and refresher orb. you keep nuking. after all spells. refresh. nuke. you are dead. aegis. nuke. refresh. DEAD ENEMY

Yingis_khan
09-30-2004, 09:12 PM
That would require him being stupid enough to stay there while you were reincarnating. Also, refresher orb has like a 300 second cooldown, so you can only nuke twice, which wouldn't be enough.

the way to beat warchief, is to be kel with aegis, and refresher orb. you keep nuking. after all spells. refresh. nuke. you are dead. aegis. nuke. refresh. DEAD ENEMY

Quoth
09-30-2004, 11:54 PM
I saw a Terrorblade wipe out 7000 hp on a centaur with his ultimate. The warchief had like 5 Hearts of Tarrasque and Terrorblade's ultimate took him out in seconds.

Burner
10-01-2004, 10:27 AM
I saw a Terrorblade wipe out 7000 hp on a centaur with his ultimate. The warchief had like 5 Hearts of Tarrasque and Terrorblade's ultimate took him out in seconds.

ahh i forgot about terror blade! Yea his ulti is >>>> anything with high hp. I would just stand there and let him whale on me and then sunder him :D

Chob0
10-01-2004, 05:26 PM
whats terrorblades ultimate? sounds imba,,,,

Brood_Star
10-02-2004, 07:55 PM
switches hp, theres a % for lowest hp possible to switch

Burner
10-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Its 30% minimum i think and yes its a bitch. o_O

Chob0
10-03-2004, 10:29 AM
switches hp??? wow.... lol that sounds cool. time for me to check him out

Dot_Com
10-06-2004, 10:21 AM
I love the friggin Centaur... there is really no easy counter for him... even ranged heros early on are no answer... you really pretty much have to double up on him early game and kill him once or twice while you level... a ranged hero early game is just asking to get stomped... and hit 2 times... and then they run. 875 gold is just too easy to accumulate for any centaur player... once he has ring of health its 4 hp/sec and then youre pretty much sacrewed with a ranged hero... cuz theres hardly any dmg output. you need to double on him and make sure hes not around to get experience... to be able to beat a centaur you need to be at least 2-3 levels up on him early on... late game hes pretty much unstoppable if given right to farm early.

your typical high level terror blade player has ~2000 hp... a typical high level centaur has ~3700-4000hp...
level 3 sunder leaves enemy hero with 23% health... so unless you have immages with you, its your 2000 hp terror(cause you cant get more than your max hp) against a centaur who has ~25% of his health=1000hp... and hits waaay harder than a terror blade... so a stun and 2 swipes and its pretty much gg terror...

ive had this happen to me before thats how i know...
most good centaurs will have fury and satanic or at least helm of dominator at that point... ~350 dmg/hit plus 12% lifesteal is tought to beat... late game you need to stun him and gang... as with any str hero... early on two heros and constant pressure on him...

my 2 cents

rush_n_attack
10-09-2004, 04:30 AM
your typical high level terror blade player has ~2000 hp... a typical high level centaur has ~3700-4000hp...
level 3 sunder leaves enemy hero with 23% health... so unless you have immages with you, its your 2000 hp terror(cause you cant get more than your max hp) against a centaur who has ~25% of his health=1000hp... and hits waaay harder than a terror blade... so a stun and 2 swipes and its pretty much gg terror...

Not true. I will use meta followed by copy image, twice. That's 3 meta'd terrorblades for the centaur to deal with. By the time it's late game, I will have at the very least a battle fury, power treads, and hyperstone. That's one unit doing a shitload of damage, and the other two doing 45% (I think) of that damage, and they're ranged. I can also break them up so he can't stun them all. At least 300 hp will be gone before he even gets in range to attack me, and the rest shortly after. Terrorblade is the answer to all strength heroes.

LaughingSkull
10-10-2004, 06:38 AM
A "bit" strong you say?? mhm
this is the strongest hero. And yes he is unstoppable.

Nero.
10-10-2004, 06:56 AM
Pug his ass, that slow fucker will get owned by Pug and some other magic nukers with Dagons+ thier reg spells.

Burner
10-10-2004, 02:54 PM
love the friggin Centaur... there is really no easy counter for him... even ranged heros early on are no answer... you really pretty much have to double up on him early game and kill him once or twice while you level... a ranged hero early game is just asking to get stomped... and hit 2 times... and then they run. 875 gold is just too easy to accumulate for any centaur player... once he has ring of health its 4 hp/sec and then youre pretty much sacrewed with a ranged hero... cuz theres hardly any dmg output. you need to double on him and make sure hes not around to get experience... to be able to beat a centaur you need to be at least 2-3 levels up on him early on... late game hes pretty much unstoppable if given right to farm early.

this is COMPLETLY untrue. A good ranged player (with a hero with at least 500 range) will NEVER allow himself to be stomped early on. Think about it for a second, the centaur is next to the treants and i (lets say clinkz) am behind my necro sniping him. If he wants to try and stomp me, that means he has to walk around his treants and my ghouls (getting attacked all the while) then run fairly close to me and stomp.

Do you really think ima stand there for that long if i see him coming? Of course not, i run back a little bit and if hes not careful he stomps the necro and ghouls, wasting his mana. I then come right back and hit him some more and repeat.

Also, ring of health is good, but cannot heal him fast enough if a ranged player is putting pressure on him. Unless of course he runs back to his tower to heal, which is exactly what i want him to do.

BenTech
10-10-2004, 06:50 PM
i've beat a centaur with 4k hp with with the phantom assasin, even with that much hp 1200 crits will take down anyone pretty quick