PDA

View Full Version : Racial Healing

catalyst9.2
04-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Hey guys,

I'm not one for whining about imbalance, but I have to question something. Recently, I've been noticing that different races have different criteria for natural healing (that is, healing without spells or anything).

Undead requires blight, day or night. (Observed with ghouls) Faster rate

Human heals anywhere, day or night. (Observed with footies, rifles) Average rate

Orc heals anywhere, day or night. (Observed with grunts, kodos) Average rate

Night Elf heals anywhere, only at night. (Observed with archers, hunts) Average rate

If my results are not correct, forgive me, but from this point of view, would it seem as if Undead or Night Elf are a little bit in the disadvantage? I know blight has a faster healing rate, but Human and Orc gets healing anywhere anytime, and Night Elf only has it at night.

Yes, I realise it is virtually in consequential in terms of a match outcome, but any thoughts?

Shi' ar
04-08-2005, 06:53 AM
During night Humans and Orcs heal slower if i can remeber correctly.
UD has blight and DK aura for fast heal. Ne has Moonjuice. So no "inbalance" in my eyes..

Laif
04-08-2005, 08:32 AM
moonwells should be used in morning, while should be normally healing at night i guess
HU has those scrolls that i think they can get a tier1 that regenerate health pretty fast, and NE has that moonstone, cost 50 gold, but you can really use moonwells alot more often, which not only replenish health, but mana as well

paek
04-08-2005, 09:09 AM
yeah, id rather not have mana

GregC
04-08-2005, 09:24 AM
I'd say the healing by itself isn't completely balanced, but equals itself out with other factors. If each aspect of each race would be totally balanced in every stage of the game, the strategies would be practically identical for all races I guess. UD have a hard time healing their units at beginning, having no healing salves, moonwells or scrolls (and even if you pick DK for first hero, he can't coil himself and needs mana to heal others) - but UD can overcome their T1 racial weakness on those maps that have fountains, either direct health or mana for coils.. or you can visit the mercenary camps for dispelling creatures before you have destroyers. Avoiding your racial weaknesses will help tilt the balance into your favor.

If you're not playing solo, it's very good to be aware of these small differences between races: as UD you can (and should) buy healing salves at your buddy orc's shop or have a NE ally send a wisp to your base if the enemy harasses with summons, or with some strats NE can give you 100 gold at beginning for faster hero etc. You, in return, can provide them with rods of necromancery (esp. for non-summoner heroes) and other stuff like that (one example that comes to mind was a team game when they decided to constantly harass my ally's wisps, I took a skull of blight and put up a slow tower in his base).

mosarani
04-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Night Elf heals anywhere, only at night. (Observed with archers, hunts) Average rate

elf heals at a fast rate during night. However, the recovery over time for any race is negligible. It does work I suppose, to have ghouls go harvest while you bring out new ones, since having ghouls sit in your base is beneficial, unlike other races.

MikauZora
04-08-2005, 01:32 PM
humans and orcs heal anywhere anytime, but they heal 1 hp every 4 secs, and elves heal 1 hp every 2 secs, so it's the same. about ud i dont know, but i think they got 1 hp each sec in blight, or something.
ud got healing scrolls, elves got wells and moon stone, orcs got salves and humans got scroll of healing. for me it's all balanced.
elves say that moon stone isnt good item, but use ur brains: if u got 2 wells, u wont get a lot of healing, so, get like 5 wells as soon as u can (not telling u to mass wells and to make less troups so u can make wells, but to do em when u waiting for food and got like 300 gold to e used, do like 2 wells)
as mnuch wells u have, more healing. and if u buy moon stone more frequently, u'll see that it gives a lot of healing + u can hide (use it on battles) and u can ambush. i use it everytime, even at night, as i will have more and more mana to use.
well, thats what i think...

BonJar
04-08-2005, 07:32 PM
The normal regeneration doesn't decide anything at all IMO. The small healing don't do that much and blight regeneration are pretty overrated aswell. The only time I'd say regeneration matters is if you're using ghouls and leaves the red ones to lumber for a while.

Scapegoat_5
04-09-2005, 02:19 AM
It's foolish to assume every aspect of the game should be precisely the same. Balance comes from the game as a whole. If you, for example, argue something like the fact that orc doesn't have a tier 3, magic damage flyer, and ignore all other circumstances, then you're not getting the whole picture, and it says nothing of balance aside from the fact the races are different.

SillCybin
04-09-2005, 04:47 AM
ud with dk and summoned skellies and a base which is basically impenetrable if he wants it to be early game so he is able to go tier two with no hassles and demos coming out before midgame to heal and you say he is at a disadvantage? Let's hope they do not do a patch to improve on this imbalance.

steamroller989
04-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Ne have moonwells