PDA

View Full Version : Experience Given by Units/Summons

SilverDragon
08-31-2006, 01:31 AM
Is there a place where I can find how much experience certain units/summons give? For example a spirit wolf gives 20 xp. I tried looking in Mojo's Strategy Guide and well very informative I don't think that information is on there. Any help would be appreciated =)

HaNdFisH
08-31-2006, 01:55 AM
It gives you the level of the summon, there is also a table on the guide that also lists the EXP given for different level/food summons/units.

Link to guide with table of EXP for different units/summons based on food/level http://www.battle.net/war3/basics/heroes.shtml#gainingexp

Pee-Bee
08-31-2006, 07:16 AM
spirit wolves give 30..

Goblin Tinkerrr
08-31-2006, 09:12 AM
its funny that a lvl1 wolf with 200hp gives 30 exp while a water elemental with 700 (? not sure but i think so) gives 42 exp. A third more exp in spite of more than 3x more hp?

BonJar
08-31-2006, 09:29 AM
its funny that a lvl1 wolf with 200hp gives 30 exp while a water elemental with 700 (? not sure but i think so) gives 42 exp. A third more exp in spite of more than 3x more hp?
then again Wolf kills can be denied by resummoning. And not even a WE lvl 2 has 700 hp

rizzle
08-31-2006, 09:44 AM
theres only one, it moves incredibly slow. and its 525 hp not 700. i agree that wolf exp is not justified. But your just exaggerating

^Dagon^
08-31-2006, 10:01 AM
Balance says that ALL summons should give more xp, not just wolves. Personally I would choose the 525 hp WE instead of the fragile experience bags with 200 hp and 0 armor, without even thinking about it.
I think that as a former Orc player I can be more objective on this subject, even though I play Human now.

rizzle
08-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Balance says that ALL summons should give more xp, not just wolves. Personally I would choose the 525 hp WE instead of the fragile experience bags with 200 hp and 0 armor, without even thinking about it.
I think that as a former Orc player I can be more objective on this subject, even though I play Human now.
and id rather have nova than chain lightning on my farseer. whats your point?

HenL
08-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Wolves are fast speed even at level 1 and can be resummoned. Water elementals are slow speed and impossible to save if the opponent wants to kill it, at least not if you've been creeping with it. But yeah, wolves give alot. A quillbeast only gives 30, that's pretty sick... It should give more than a water elemental since it's fast speed and ranged(AND it's medium armored so it takes reduced from piercing, melee it can just run from). Skeletons warriors are 12, etc.

DonkDat
08-31-2006, 03:44 PM
you kill your own water element to deny exp. same as killing your own footies or hero to deny it.

XxNinjaxX
08-31-2006, 08:24 PM
yes wolve give more XP

btw , the best way to know everyone XP is by using world editor

SilverDragon
08-31-2006, 08:36 PM
btw , the best way to know everyone XP is by using world editor

thank you lol. The chart on Mojo's Guide gives you percents based on level but certain things don't show the level in game? Sure you can find the level on the website and then try to apply the formula's to determine the experience keeping in mind if its a enemy unit or a creep, but that just complicates things more. On the World Editor I guess you can just check how much experience it gives. But the link to Mojo's guide does help to determine that you gain less experience as your hero is a higher lvl. Thanks to both people. I'll post again if I cant find how to check the experience in the World Editor though, because I've never used it. lol

XxNinjaxX
08-31-2006, 09:13 PM
u gain less xp from creep but from Enemy 100% even if u are lvl 9

and no problem :)

HenL
08-31-2006, 09:34 PM
you kill your own water element to deny exp. same as killing your own footies or hero to deny it.

Durr.. That's true with all units...

XxNinjaxX
08-31-2006, 09:50 PM
i guess he mean that there is no problem in resummoning ur wolves , u can just kill your own Water Element , not sure but mybe he meant this

SilverDragon
08-31-2006, 10:30 PM
ya that's probably what he meant, but it's probably easier to micro away a wolf then hit it with your far seer, because 1) The wolf is fast and 2) The Far Seer's attack well his attack animation anyways is faster then the archmage's.

p.s. Where can I check the experience of units given in the World Editor?

HenL
08-31-2006, 10:36 PM
i guess he mean that there is no problem in resummoning ur wolves , u can just kill your own Water Element , not sure but mybe he meant this

Yeah except resummoning wolves\running them away since they're faster than all tier 1 except hunts is much easier and will not fail while exp denying is far from failsafe..

XxNinjaxX
08-31-2006, 10:47 PM
sorry i dont remember , but u can put any hero and any unit ,
for example :
u r Red , now put any hero and some unit if needed
put to blue (or any color) any unit that u want to see how much XP it give

kill it and see (from 0/200 to ???/200)

sorry but i hope this help

SilverDragon
08-31-2006, 11:11 PM
lol that does help actually. I'm going to have fun testing out stuff! =) But ya enemy units give the same experience no matter the level right? I think you said that already and that its on the site.

Pee-Bee
09-01-2006, 06:59 AM
lol that does help actually. I'm going to have fun testing out stuff! =) But ya enemy units give the same experience no matter the level right? I think you said that already and that its on the site.
if you have 1 hero at tier 2/3 you get an exp bonus, i think its like 10% at tier2 and then 20% at tier3, not sure though

^Dagon^
09-01-2006, 07:31 AM
Yeah except resummoning wolves\running them away since they're faster than all tier 1 except hunts is much easier and will not fail while exp denying is far from failsafe..

This is absolutely false. I am sure you haven't played both Orc and Human and even if you did I believe you didn't used the Far Seer. I always had a much harder time to save wolves than to kill my own WE.

XxNinjaxX
09-01-2006, 08:57 AM

if u have 1 hero u gain 100% from enemy ,
2 heroes , each one will gain 50% , for example

spirit wolve will give my Far see 15 and TC 15 (15+15=30)

3 heroes , each one will gain 1/3 , for example

Spirit Wolve will give my Far see 10 , TC 10 and Shadow Hunter 10 (10+10+10 = 30)

closer hero will gain more XP then the far one , thats why u see they move the first hero back and let the 2nd one creeping

0oLucko0
09-01-2006, 09:07 AM
closer hero will gain more XP then the far one , thats why u see they move the first hero back and let the 2nd one creeping

If you have two heros creeping they both get the xp, but if you pull one back a certain distance the hero which is creeping will be the only one receiving the xp. If this is wat u meant then my bad.

XxNinjaxX
09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
yes but i guess the far one will receive a little xp , correct me if i am wrong...

0oLucko0
09-01-2006, 09:15 AM
I think the far one doesn't receive any xp. The only way to really find out is to actually do it?

Post below
Its all kool.....

XxNinjaxX
09-01-2006, 09:19 AM
i just tested it in the World editor , yes the far one doesn't receive any XP , sorry my bad

SilverDragon
09-01-2006, 03:06 PM
tier 2=15%
tier 3= 30%
^from Mojo's Guide

I'm not sure how I tested it and wolves gave 40xp? and worker units gave 25xp like there supposed to but I didnt get any experience bonus even when I teched with a solo hero? Maybe the World Editor doesn't apply everything a normal game would?

XxNinjaxX
09-01-2006, 03:23 PM
did u make sure u picked the new version?

go to Scenario > Map Option... > the last option , put it to Melee

now try i am sure :D

Edit : i guess worker give 25 , or not?

SilverDragon
09-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Worker's are supposed to give 25, but I teched up and still got 25 with a solo hero. Anyways I'll try what you just said.

Edit:lol okay I tried what you told me to do and now wolves give 60xp?? Workers still gave 25 at tier 1/2/3. Maybe I'm missing something else?

Edit Again: The map is not melee when I load it up anyways because I place a hero(I could make one but why waste the time?) Also I place a wolf on there, because I dont think an orc will summon wolves 100% of the time so I would be wasting time. Unfortnately if you place any units on the map its not melee anymore.

XxNinjaxX
09-01-2006, 05:18 PM
world editor is a bit hard , u can find out how much units give , but i dont think so about summons , unless u know how to let your enemy hero cast spell (i.e spirit wolve)

KhamBloodreign
09-01-2006, 05:27 PM
The hero far away from creeping doesn`t receive any experience.
If he`s in a certain proximity he will get half the xp.
Any Orc that ever desperatley tried to get his TC to lvl3 should know. ;)

SilverDragon
09-01-2006, 06:00 PM
world editor is a bit hard , u can find out how much units give , but i dont think so about summons , unless u know how to let your enemy hero cast spell (i.e spirit wolve)

You could just put the wolves there like I did, but 60xp seems wrong lol

HaZ4RD
09-01-2006, 06:04 PM
wolf gives 30 xp each i would know since so many times i desperately try to deny my wolves resummon them or anything to stop them from giving my enemy free leveling

XxNinjaxX
09-01-2006, 08:01 PM
did u put a spirit wolve unit , or far see ? mybe the unit without time give 60 and the summoning give 30 , but if u have problem with editor , then i guess u better leav it cuz it is hard