PDA

View Full Version : Incorporating the Backpack with Orc vs Nightelf

KhamBloodreign
11-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Just played a few games on GGC versus Nightelf and since I`m very aggressive with my Blademaster at the initial harrass, trying to take down building Moonwells, the Demon Hunter or a few Archers/a Huntress, I`m always pissed that I can`t keep up my harrass for long, since as soon as my Grunts/BM`s hitpoints and mana run out, I`m forced to pull back, heal my units and start creeping and my momentum has vanished.

Sure I could build an early Voodoo Lounge and go with only one Grunt, but honestly, that`s like kicking yourself in the nuts since it cuts down the effectiveness of the harrass dramatically.

So why not researching Backpack before the tech, creeping a green camp on the Elf`s side of the field, healing up with your next Grunt carrying a Salve and a Clarity and jacking the shit out of him again?

What are the cons? This upgrade costs next to nothing and takes a very low research time and allows you to powercreep and harrass like nuts.
Why don`t pros use it?

L337Krew
11-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Don't know about you, but my 2nd grunt comes out much earlier than my shop, so I would only be able to use backpack with my 3rd grunt. Still a good idea though.
Maybe pro players consider +20 seconds a too big delay in tech.

KhamBloodreign
11-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Just tried.
The damn upgrade needs a Voodoo Lounge.
Bah :/

blynk182
11-03-2006, 11:39 AM
rofl, blizzpwned.