PDA

View Full Version : feeding strategy in 2s.

Raith
11-04-2006, 12:20 AM
me and my partner(HU) have been doing feeding strats. i go mass fiends, he just gets MK as hero. problem is, i always end up having the highest score but it doesnt mean i always win. i go over 120+apm sometimes. my question is, what race is better for feeding because in 3s we do perfect but 2s is giving us a hard time. thanks !

fivedollar
11-04-2006, 01:02 AM
come again ?

Nimbuz.
11-04-2006, 01:23 AM
feeding strats work best when there is an elf involved.

Raith
11-04-2006, 03:10 AM
maybe NE / ud ill try that.

SuBVerSa
11-04-2006, 03:31 AM
i ve a friend who does this thing about the scores.after every game,he alwayz busts my b***z off and goes like "look look i have the highest score u newbies".he does it even when we lose.no offence to ya raithed.as for the races,why not orc/ud?

Raith
11-04-2006, 03:33 AM
my partner is strictly hu. =[

SuBVerSa
11-04-2006, 03:39 AM
ffs that may be a problem as there aint too many strong feeding strats involving human..but what about rifles/grunts?

chesspiece_face
11-04-2006, 01:40 PM

Dont bother with feeder strats if you can't get your partner to think about changing races.

Feeder strats work best when the feeder has a strong harass hero and the main has units that can over power enmasse.

Human really has neither.

If your partner really won't switch races and you are dead set on playing a Feeder strat, you are going to have to be the feeder. I recommend playing as orc and using a blademaster harass non stop. anytime your partner is fighting your blademaster should be tearing apart their base. you need to slow down their economy/tech enough to account for you not having an army. The longer the game goes on the more likely you will lose.

as for your partner i'm really not sure what unit mix humans have that would be decent in this strat. humans are mostly designed so that the weaknesses of their units are balanced by the strength of units. thus trying to mass a single unit type can lead to huge holes in your army strength. i'd mostly recommend normal human strats, just faster and with more units.

Fast T3 mass gryphons, knights/priests mortars, or sorc/invis-mortars could all work.

firewave
11-04-2006, 02:43 PM
whats a feeding strat?

Raith
11-04-2006, 03:46 PM
a feeding strategy is when your partner OR you give gold/wood to the other so they can mass units. my partner goes MK and we hero nuke. but yeah. mhm.

LoveDrug
11-04-2006, 05:01 PM

imo, human is the worst multiplayer race and definitely the worst feeding race...so while it can work, you will be overcoming a disadvantage even early in the game

night elf is the best race when you feed as you can either mass up hunts if you want the ne to feed the human, i'd recomend a fast tier 3 tech for knight/gryph