PDA

View Full Version : 2v2 Orc and UD Strat Help

BigKahuna4637
12-11-2006, 08:27 AM
My friend and I have recently started playing 2v2 together and until recently I have only been playing solo. I play as Orc and my friend plays as Undead. Because I do not have any experience in team games could anyone point me in the right direction of what kind of unit combination we should have and what sort of strategies works vs other races?

Thanks alot!

Salem1
12-11-2006, 08:38 AM
My friend and I have recently started playing 2v2 together and until recently I have only been playing solo. I play as Orc and my friend plays as Undead. Because I do not have any experience in team games could anyone point me in the right direction of what kind of unit combination we should have and what sort of strategies works vs other races?

Thanks alot!

If you have no real hero preferences, there are a few choices:

Ghoul + Grunt rush with TC and DL (orc should bring burrows and UD should bring nerubians). Obviously maxing out on the auras get a FL as soon as possible so you can use UF on the lava spawns (unholy frenzy) and your heroes, and any big units you might have). If they counter without facing your army, dont retreat. Destroy their main and if they TP then you just fall back to the outer spaces of the base and the burrows + nerubians help you win it.

If you are no fan of rushing, perhaps this is a strat for you.

Scout all the time to check for rushes. If they dont rush you, tech to necros and wyvs. DK + TC should see the job done here. UF on the wyverns. If not wyverns you can allways use it on Bat Riders (12?) and obliterate their mains, very fast.

Of course scouting is something you allways do, but especially when you tech like this.

In general, try to use as much synergy as possible. UF and BL on wyrms + tauren if you reach such a late stage (and dont forget AMS! an underrated spell but it can turn the tide of the battle very easy if your enemy relies on nuking and magic damage).

Thats all I can give you out of my experience. Fiends and grunts could be tried but I advice against it, out of experience. Its too hard to keep up in tech with fiends (youll need dual crypt if you have any thought of keeping up with creeping the harder spots unless you have a creeping hero/you can take that half your units are on red).

General advice for UD is to very early send an acco scout (but not so it hampers your economy) and check if the orc gets a BM or not. Allways build your 3 first ziggs around the gold mine if he picks a BM. 2 spirits and a nerubian should minimize losses, force him to waste gold on regeneration and the TP itself (be sure to get dust of appearance before he WWs).

Thats all for now. GL HF.

BigKahuna4637
12-11-2006, 08:55 AM
that helps allot thank you. My friend was doing the fiens thing but I see what your saying and have seen that happen, the out tech and out produce us. Usually in 2v2 it seems like we rarely get past tier 2 and even if we do get into tier 3 its not very far. I will work on trying out the grunts and ghoul rush. Thanks again and please others let me know what you think strategy wide I need all the ideas I can get :)

JuicyBerry
12-11-2006, 04:58 PM
dk lich fiends stats dests
fs/bm tc grunt raider 1 kodo (tauren late)