PDA

View Full Version : Mass dryads

Stig
05-09-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm not an Orc player so sorry if this seems like a noob question.

You're playing elf and you've gone a fairly normal BM, SH, raider, SW which deals with most things such as bears and dotts.. I think?

What do you do if the elf just masses pure dryad? Will BM and pumping raider only work?

Thunder_Warrior
05-09-2008, 02:53 PM
2 catapults w/ normal grunt/raiders solve.

SuBVerSa
05-09-2008, 03:09 PM
The latest strat involving dryads (apart from LT), was i think implemented by D.C. It mainly goes like mass dryads till 50 population, and when you are about to break the 50 limit, you switch to bears. Have this in mind every time you see mass dryads, as just dryads is not a powerful strategy later on.
On the topic, mass drys are countered by mass raiders+upgrades+kodo. Catas help too.

Everybody
05-09-2008, 04:05 PM
SH wards can be really good also, according to my own experience and pro games.
The bad thing about mass dryads is that they are often giving hero advantage to the elf player, who will be usually fairly offensive with mass driads (40 xp/dryad :D)
Yes, LiilDc on e.g. TM, other elf players too, seems to be quite common.
So and so, I enjoy fighting with any elf's stuff, it's fun, except from talons...
And don't mind spending money on speedscroll, just 50 gold for this little imba :)

Bubble
05-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Assuming you go rax\beastiary\lodge:
Just make 1 spirit walker and then constantly raiders from your beastiary. If it's tm\gw\ei\ts get berserkers too from the merc camp.
On maps with healing fountain it's fine with just grunts\raiders and weapon\armor upgrades imo (for better mobility), on other maps you can add some catas with the raiders.
I like lvl 3 sh with lvl 2 wards against mass dryads, especially if you can set up some wards before the battle