Conversation Between CraZyKoKeNo and EightCounts

1. EightCounts
    Things are going well. Just got married as I pointed out in WPA's thread. And my job now is so much less stressful than being in the military. How you doin?
  2. CraZyKoKeNo
    bro i just took a little stroll down memory lane, cycling through our pages of visitor profile messages. we had some pretty great back and forths over the years ^_^

what is mr. counts up to these days?
  3. CraZyKoKeNo
    lol thanks bro :P
  4. EightCounts
    I figure you already know, but I am just having some fun jumping on the 'pick on CK train.' <3
  5. EightCounts
    yeah it was one of those posts that weren't bad, but when you are drunk they sound alright. Then when you wake up in the morning, you are like 'yeah, thats a dumb post.'
  6. CraZyKoKeNo
    i see you deleting your posts

you're really taking after me
  7. CraZyKoKeNo
    good question brosef. i haven't studied any philosophy of mind recently so i'm not sure what to say about that dopamine business. without knowing anything more about the discussion i would have this to say. the assertion that all actions are inherently selfish is unconvincing: if a person says they can find a selfish basis in all actions, then that proves merely that they are good at exercising their imagination. just as easily any other basic cause could be argued in place of selfishness. furthermore, the fact that a person may benefit from some particular action does not exclude the benefit of others; nor does it indicate anything prima facie about that person's intentions for committing that action. those alone will cast significant doubt on the objectivist's project of proving all actions are inherently selfish.

there are a lot of ways to tackle this issue but i think that would be my starting point. as for proving selfless acts do exist, off the top of my head i'm not sure how i would approach that. is it an issue of proving a selfless motivation can obtain? or is it something about the action itself? or how motivations influence actions? idk bro - it's something that will require additional thought. i might do some looking later.
  8. EightCounts
    CK, you are smart man. Whats the best argument against an abject objectivist who spouts that all creatures are selfish because they are rewarded by dopamine. Surely there is an argument for selflessness. What say you?
  9. CraZyKoKeNo
    lul

the state is fucked beyond recognition breh. my comment was like peeing into the ocean.
  10. EightCounts
    your acquaintance from WV who has become so comfortable walking without shoes...does this not remember?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10