Conversation Between CraZyKoKeNo and ex0duz

1. CraZyKoKeNo
    lol thanks. i'm fine - i'm in the US, have been for a couple months now
  2. ex0duz
    Where are you.. You ok now?
  3. CraZyKoKeNo
    bro that's too many questions lmao

no, LP didn't lash out...that's just how we talk to each other. a few months ago we had been joking about making a wcr podcast or some shit, where we would basically troll each other on Vent for an hour or so, record it, and post it online for people to enjoy. that never panned out. yet.

i haven't bought D3 yet but i will probably get digital download, if i can't find a store in china that sells it on or near the release date. i haven't kept up with all the mumblings and grumblings about D3 regarding LAN or whatever...it would be nice for games to be like they once were, but i think those days are gone. sort of aggravating but hackers will undoubtedly meet the need if that's how you want to go. personally i will just be playing online. i haven't kept up with character classes or the campaign or anything at all with it, so it will be a fun discovery experience. i'm pretty sure the campaign is in 3 acts though.
  4. ex0duz
    I also couldn't help but notice your conversation with LP. He lashed on out you for D3 eh? hahaha, what an asshole. You pre-ordered it or something? What did you get? Normal or CE? And for how much?

And yeah, i've never used steam befoer or bought a game from it. You reckon it's worth it for me? And is D3 gona be the same as SC2? Ie no Lan, diff realms, full single player campaign is only one mission for one character only etc(like SC2 being only Terran campaign).. you know anything about it?

But yeah. If i get it, i'm down to play with ya. Probably get it in 2 weeks time or something, see what happens. You played beta or anything yet? If so, what you think of it? What's your expectations, as in selling(of which we should all guess that it's gonna sell like hotcakes like all big bliz projects do). But yeah, what's your expectations or what's the most exciting part of it for you? I'm assuming you've lpayed d2/d1 and lots of other point and click spam type of 'action rpg's'. It's pretty generic as far as innovation goes yeah, it's just a 'safe polished game' that doesn't have anything really innovative but just better gameplay mechanics/interface, and new story(since it's sequel)?

You planning on sinking a lot of time into this? I also heard that you can't play single player without being connected to bnet 24/7, rather than a one time online registration, and then you can play single player offline after(ie SC2). Please tell me that ain't so.. i was planning on pirating and playing the single player for awhile and then buying it after people have tested it out and see how the community and shit is first(ok, main point is to wait a month or someshit at least for it to drop from like 90 to 60-70, heh).
  5. CraZyKoKeNo
    JJ's posts are on the second page or so of his post count...he was having a relatively serious discussion with headcheez and then posted something like "CK and i have a special relationship, and nobody is going to get between us. be jelly, but do not interfere" lmao. i think that might have been the post to get him banned since he was taunting the mods. i can't say for certain though.
  6. ex0duz
    Hahaha, can you link me to the relevant threads(i'm lazy and at pub library atm)? Gonna go thru post history now for JJ, but can you make it easier if you know anything? Since yeah, most of the shit he says could get him banned depending on if the mods wake up the right way or not haha

Thanks broski.
  7. CraZyKoKeNo
    tays posted "cp" (it was a photo of some 17th or 18th century painting with cherubs, lmao) with some phrase like ban me mods.

JJ went on a trolling spree one night posting things like "dims" "TOAD" "democRAT" etc. and mods didn't like it. lol. look through his post history it's pretty funny
  8. ex0duz
    You know why JJ/Tays got banned? I was gone a week, come back, and two long time members are gone.. you know banned who and for what, and when they are gonna come back(if ever)?
  9. ex0duz
    "tread lightly. facts are your enemy.

so sayeth the kokeno.
    "

ahaha. Even you know facts aren't on his side eh

Do you still play war3? Or you play SC2? Or what do you play these days, if anything?

How's the schooling coming along? Are you really a philosophy major? How many years you got left on that, and what do you plan on doing after you finish school? I thought those kinds of degrees were 'worthless', in terms of actually finding a 'rea' job.
  10. CraZyKoKeNo
    i'm not afraid of anything i say on WCR; i have no reason to offer my own opinions, either. i think my reluctance to offer opinions should be seen as my "opinion" on the type of discourse that usually occurs here, and its value.

regarding your links, i guess some of it seems reasonable and some of it seems demonstrably false. the "average" university education in the US is not $50,000 per year. i don't think there's any school in the country that costs that much for tuition. if you count room and board and books and other such like things, maybe GWU or a few others get into the mid 40s. obviously this is -very- expensive, but most people don't go to those schools. an able minded person has a lot of opportunities to get an education in the US, between all the scholarships, government loans, and low tuition costs of community colleges and most state schools.

regarding the overall trend he suggests; obviously, it seems plausible if you view it in a more chastened sense. they cite a few notable examples of universities that offer online coursework, and propose that more of this will come in the future. it's one thing to offer materials like that for the edification of the public, but another thing to get an entire education "online." here we're talking about two different things: online colleges/programs through existing universities (which is what Gates believes will overtake normal lecture style classes), and non-collegiate opportunities for learning. the two are not equivalent, because most of the substantive information found on the internet is not available freely. and it probably never will be, since it is produced by universities and publishers, who do not operate using open formats for the most part.

we'll see how Gates' vision pans out. there certainly are cheaper alternatives to the university model of learning, but universities perform crucial research functions which cannot be subsidized by internet proliferation. so i don't think universities themselves will disappear, though it is possible that, over the long term, there could be some changes in undergraduate education delivery models. i think upper level classes and graduate programs will not/should not be affected by this though, since they rely on student to student interaction for much of their efficacy.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10