Conversation Between fiRe.power and 4Fun

1. fiRe.power
    I'm good. And you?

I obtained my Master degree in June this year. I am not thinking of a PhD at the moment. Currently looking for a job. Recently got interviewed for a Gradute Programme at Tata Steel (it's an Indian steel maker, but with research facilities in the UK, the Netherlands and India).

I haven't really had time for RTS games in the last couple of years. Nowadays I only casually play some CS 1.6 if I am not too busy. How active is iCCup these days? Last I checked people were talking about switching to Korean servers to find games more easily. Is it relatively easy to find games for a noob like me? I don't mind losing, but I don't want to get stomped every game either. :P I might give it a try during the holidays. :-)

I checked LotV out every month or so and watched a few DreamHack games yesterday. That's about it. I don't have any hope for SC2 anymore.
  2. 4Fun
    Hey, it's been a long time. How are you? How's your PhD going?

I don't know if you still play brood war but I've gotten quite into it the past few months. Iccup's account ranking has changed but I'm like a solid C/C+ now. It feels like I joined brood war now at an opportune time, there's plenty of foreigner tournaments going on and the korean scene is relatively lively again as well! I still want to thank you for introducing me to brood war those few years ago.
    Also, have you followed legacy of the void? Sc2 is depreciating in real-time haha.
  3. 4Fun
    Hey how's it going? I've been practicing bw again (had to re-take one exam and studied for it for about a 1.5 week and some other problems). It's going pretty well, I've only been playing zvp but gotten D+. I'm not bothering with sc2 anymore, brood war is so much more fun. But my mutalisk micro is so god awful right now it's literally lol-inducing haha.
  4. fiRe.power
    Hey, are you on iccup?
  5. 4Fun
    I'm gonna eat something quick. I'm online in channel wcr. Can play in a half hour or so.
  6. fiRe.power
    Up for some BW games?
  7. 4Fun
    Hey I'm playing some bw again. I have been practicing a lot versus protoss which is going 'okay' but I'm so terrible versus terrans (and zergs) as of now. Up for some games (tomorrow, next week,...)? Give me a message!
  8. 4Fun
    if you ever got time for a few games, hit me up.

I've been playing some games but I've been losing most of them (most of them were vs D+ players though) and I've asked my uni to forward the ports (crossing fingers). If you can't host, getting games going is really hard.

Would be cool if I could show you some reps of the games I've played, asking some advice perhaps etc

I'm getting raped by tosses though, stupid stuff mostly. And vs terrans aswell. I've been hesitating to post some replays on teamliquid and ask advice. But they'll probably crush me to the ground lol.
  9. 4Fun
    I'm free this evening. Is that possible for you? I'm starting to study as well :p
  10. fiRe.power
    Up for some games? ^______^
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10