Conversation Between TaysChreNN and UnLikE

1. UnLikE
    cool, you're back!
  2. UnLikE
    yeah, the idea isn't so much to copy as it is to recreate. Not just copy a 2d flat surface, but to recreate a tridimensional shape being lit by a light source, to think of how light works, how its value and hue changes, how textures become apparent. When copying you shouldn't transfer from 2d to 2d or even 3d to 2d. You play God in your mind and recreate the 3d with your knowledge in your imagination as you transfer that into 2d.

Maybe.
  3. TaysChreNN
    Actually constructing a picture from the bottom up is making a lot of sense to me now, just like you started off your painting with laying down the form and then general values and then block colours etc. rather than simply copying what you see and trying to draw it all at once, this technical approach seems to be teaching me a lot faster than simply sketch-dumping! Anyways thanks for the pointers.
  4. UnLikE
    SHUT UP I HATE YOU
  5. TaysChreNN
    is that an AKM quote in your sig?
  6. TaysChreNN
    I haven't used MSN in 2 years or so :\

I might frequent IRC a bit more though
  7. UnLikE
    Sounds good! I've been trying to draw from imagination and I'm realizing how much more work I need to do, but it's really fun at the same time.

I look forward to seeing more drawings from you. I know only a few friends who have the same goal in art as me, you're one of the few, we should talk more! Do you have MSN or something?
  8. TaysChreNN
    I'm currently following a series called "Learn To Draw The Human Figure" which has good content but is really terribly commentated, I'll be picking up my scanner from work either on friday or monday so then I'll update my thread ^_^

I'm also gonna start using my tablet to do some digital painting at some point.
  9. UnLikE
    how's your drawing going?
  10. UnLikE
    there will be no sketch meet again due to the demonstrations in London :(
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10