Conversation Between aurawashere and jon_ferrari

1. aurawashere
    blue flame into marine tank
  2. jon_ferrari
    but when you play a tvt on ladder, do you mech or just marine tank?? lol
  3. aurawashere
    I don't know I don't play seriously or pay attention to the pro level.
  4. aurawashere
    It is better if you know you're opponent's playstyle well because you can basically transition into anything but you are weak to bling busts.
  5. jon_ferrari
    Yea but do you always always do the reaper opening? I'm playing alot with my zerg practice partners and they seem to adapt to it so I can't use it every single game lol
    Is it possible to 1 rax expo?
  6. aurawashere
    I don't open with 2 rax on big maps but yes you want to pump continuous marines add a third rax, get a techlab for stim/combat shield then once you have enough for a mid game push you can put reactors on or just go for like 6-8 rax with no addons and 2 factory, reactor port

you may have to cut marines here and there to get your infrastructure going and upgrades
  7. jon_ferrari
    Hey, when you do the 2 rax expand on macro maps such as taldarim or crevasse, what do you do with these raxes? do you pump non stop marines to gain map control and harass the natural like on smaller maps?
  8. aurawashere
    It's not "more effective" they both are different play styles. Even though they are both early pressure builds they both have peculiar timings and I find that reaper/hellion is more conducive to execute as you are not just doing some cheese. It also allows you to transition into the mid game easily ( already have tech for siege tanks and medivacs) and allows for a lot of flexibility. Well that's just my opinion, you should try asking Fade also.
    Basically every time I see 2 rax pressure into FE basically tells me they know they are an inferior player because they are scared to open with a 1 rax fe or something that actually requires skill^^
  9. jon_ferrari
    How come you showed me the reaper build if the 2 rax fe is more effective lol

anyways I tried it out against 2 zergs on shakuras and its super good! I can scout early-mid game with the reaper for roach warren and make rauder, scout banelings to get tanks and that kind of stuff

If you have time could you show me the 2 rax fe? pm me back
    thanks
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9