Conversation Between DrkShr and RedRagToAnOrc

1. DrkShr
    Thanks for the insight and yeah I've read the gruntapult thread. I just become so accustomed to picking BM...
  2. RedRagToAnOrc
    Uh yeah, sounds like your hero choices and scouting are to blame. If the Human has a "myriad" of towers (that suggests more than 5 or 6 to me, anything lower than 4 and you'll roll the guy over before he can get reactive Mortars) then he must have built at least some of them pre-emptively - ie. before you started your push - which means you should know about it.

Not sure if you've read my Gruntapult guide in the Orc strat forum, but BM first blows with Gruntapult, only ever works against Undead. You should be using FS. If you scout towers, my first instinct would be to pick up a Panda, siege the Arcane to death and then CL/BoF any Peasants that try to repair the others.

But really, if he has Mortars AND 5 or 6 towers by shortly after you've pushed, something is seriously wrong. That's a lot of lumber he's spending, which takes time to accumulate. The ~3-400 wood for the towers is the equivalent of a second hero and one/two tier 2 buildings, so sounds like if he's got that much lumber when you push, you're pushing too late. When are you pushing? (Game day-clock time, go watch one of your replays.)
  3. DrkShr
    I've lost a couple of times because they were able to make mortars...which while I'm trying my best to take down the myriad of towers with my pults I just end up losing it all. Maybe I forget to hold a certain hero or grunt back and all the sudden I start losing a unit or two during the madness. Maybe my hero combination is bad too. I have been doing BM for the wind walk and sometimes either SH or TC. Last time I did panda for BoF...
  4. RedRagToAnOrc
    Yeah, I don't use Gruntapult that much any more. I used to go FS/DR against Human. What in particular are you having trouble with?
  5. DrkShr
    Gruntapulting vs nelfs is so simple. But I'm having a terrible time vs human. Any thoughts?
  6. DrkShr
    You're a beautiful man.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6