Conversation Between D1ce and 4Fun

1. D1ce
    For drone/OL timings, having a unit at your opponent's front is an absolute bare minimum so that you know when to switch gears to unit production. You can be very, very aggressive with your droning, watch FD vs. BoxeR Blizzcon show match game1 on LT, it looks close, but FD actually had it covered and that's the "ideal" in terms of walking on a razor's edge. Beyond that, having good OL scout placements are very, very important to see exactly what the opponent is doing so you actually have the necessary counters to produce. I've found that going for a 3rd queen if you don't know what the opponent is doing and also quickly going Lair is a very effective tactic. It's also very, very important that you have good OL spread not just to spot your opponent, but also to cover any of your own blind spots. Proxy Pylons, Nydus Worms, and floated buildings are all very easy to stop if spotted but can make you really, really sad if you allow it to happen.

Typically in early game, you should always pump an OL every drone cycle off 2 Injected Hatceries, and 2-3 OLs once you start producing 2+ supply units.
  2. D1ce
    In a little over a week and a half, I massed over 200 games, and I can definitely say I am now a far better player than I was when I took a break. When I stopped, I was playing a lot of the modified 5RR build, so adjusting to an FE-style Zerg took some getting used to, especially in learning the timings vs. the new meta. Thanks to the 400+ bonus pool I acquired, I cruised to about 1800 rating while learning to whore drones, expand, and macro. Unfortunately I hit a wall at around 1900 rating and tanked to 1780~ before I began changing my drone timings again and now I'm back around 1900 and expect to break 2000 before I have to adjust again.

Overall I feel like I definitely could have stayed top200 NA easily and moved further up if I hadn't been away but just focusing on learning a couple key skills while not being afraid of losing to stupid shit really helped me out.
  3. 4Fun
    Hey have you started playing again? I just started again myself after 5 weeks of not playing. It was a pretty rough start these first games, but it's going a little bit better.

Especially my multitasking has gone downwards, I lost like 3 games because I forgot about scouting properly while still macroing. Sucks hard because I know those games would have been easy wins if I kept playing those 5 weeks.

Went 3-6 today. I'm also having troubles again with not having enough units to stop a relatively fast push of protoss or terran. I'm especially having troubles with not getting supply blocked atm.

Luckily these things will resolve itself as I get used to playing again.

How's it going with/for you?

Ps: I really forget to use msn lol, my apologies
  4. 4Fun
    hmm sorry, I do get on there very little, I'll try to get on a little more
  5. D1ce
    You're never on MSN sir :(
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5