WCR Chess Group

Page 11 of 21
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
  1. xan
    xan
    ok all the post were lost, but still someone should update board here just for people to catch up since i cba.

anyways i vote Bd5 (to eat his knight, or if you people think we should eat it with our knight, i prefer knights over bishops.) so

n?. i vote bd5.
  2. TekPike
    TekPike
    Bxd5 is better short term at least I think - we'll lose moves moving the bishop if we don't and it's going to be a less useful piece with all those pawns on white squares.
  3. TekPike
    TekPike
    I vote 9. Bxd5
  4. RonaldC
    RonaldC
    TekPike and Xanter, don't we lose a Knight if 9. Nd5 Bxd5 10. exd5 Nd5 11. Qd5

Instead, if we 9. Nd5 Qc6 10. ... Nxd5 11. exd5 Bxd5

Then we control center but also threaten doubled pawns with 12. ... Bxb3 14. cxb3

On second thought, white's obviously planning to 10. c4 and played 7. a4 in preparation for 10. c4 b5

If we do indeed play 10. c4 b5

Then 11. axb5 axb5 12. cxb5

Leading to a losing position for black.

After 9. Qc6 we should probably start developing our other pieces, castle to connect the rooks and look for a break on the c4 pawn, perhaps?

Then again, after Nd2 and b3, white's position looks very solid.

I'll wait for Wuzel's and Lustre's comments before I cast my vote.
  5. xan
    xan
    ehm, why would you eat pawn with knight when queen is guarding it xD, it's obvious we wont lost knight unless you make mistake like that

besides if we move queen on Qc6, he moves bishop on b5 and attack our queen, we are forced to eat that bishop with our pawn (since we cant move queen at this point) and we lost our rook, which is left unguarded.

besides you shouldnt really wait for others to vote to make your oppinion, this is the whole point of this game, to exercise your own skill not just teamwork.

edit: lol, dumb, we can eat bishop if he attacks our queen, it is safe afterall, i forgout about his pawn... -_-
  6. RonaldC
    RonaldC
    You're right you're right.

I vote 9. Bxd5
  7. mylord
    mylord
    ya i vote 9. Bxd5

someone wana post in main thread to tell ex0 our move?
  8. xan
    xan
    yeah, i want you to do it.
  9. Ecto
    Ecto
    I vote
    9. Nxd5
    Simply put, retaining our bishop pair seems to be worth losing the tempo of getting our bishop chased away by the pawn. In any case, it leaves his pawn structure torn.
  10. Lustre
    Lustre
    With 9. ..Bxd5 however I'm starting to get a bit scared. He has the two bishops and they are very well developed compared to ours, who is stuck behind a pawn and will be for a while after 10. exd5. Do we have any other alternatives?

By the way mylord I deleted your post because voting wasn't closed yet. If you guys still want 9. ..Bxd5 I'll undelete it.
Page 11 of 21
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast