Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Warcraft 3 memory

Your favorite Warcraft 3 memory

I want to know what your favorite warcraft 3 memory is, be it a certain player, a memorable game, something which happened, anything at all. I'm sure we can get a great thread going here with all the memories of the game we share.

For me I have a very fond memory of possibly the best warcraft 3 comeback i've seen between Winner and Focus on Lost Temple. Winner really had this game wrapped up nicely, but focus pulled off an awesome stomp bladestorm and nailed Winner's heroes and comeback to win. If I find the replay i'll upload it. So what is your favorite memory of the game?
    It seems like a lot of people were born in the same year as Jesus Christ. Although it would seem obvious since many people on this board are doing 4.0 GPAs in an ivy league school while dating a model and running 4 minute miles.
    Epic Replays

www.dbelldesign.com.au - web design and development

www.csgoreplays.com - CS:GO Replays, A Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Community

BEST MEMORY:

played with Dayfly(pooh) at Kalimdor

after the ladder reset.

I'll never forget that night T_T

(even though i've got pwned so badly, but still)

My BO3 vs. Phoenix_Remind, which all of them I lost badly rofl. But he is a very very nice guy, I just asked if he would play me and he said yes @_@

Ow, and I gotta love it when my hero Sweet got lvl 50 first worldwide.

Not a specific memory but generally playing AT with good friends.

Playing escape from gay heaven.

When i did a members tournament at warcraftsanctuary.com and i got matched up against a lvl 50 player in a best of 3. I got raped the first game on plunder isle and the observers werent surprised since i was only a lvl 20 solo player at best at the time. The 2nd game was on lost temple and out of sheer insanity i tried to ancient protector rush him, he was nightelf too.
    I was throwing everything i had him including the kitchen sink, the observers were going crazy as at one point it seemed like i was about to win but his skill became apparent as he slowly starts to push me off. With my Protectors not working i set up 2 fast expansions, one at the 10 o clock position and one near my natural. By the time he fends me off they are up and i quickly creep them and have them running. The game goes insane throughout with hit and runs and me chasing him and knocking every expansion he has down. In the end i managed to beat him but i shit you not it was close.
    He was pissed off at this point that a lvl 20 at best, beat him and our 3rd and final game he wasnt going to risk anything.

The last game is on 2rivers, he chooses undead and i recall his exact msg to me at the start "time for some philbot" which means hes going to pressure the hell out of me. I was spawned at the bottom at this point. I change chat to observers only at the start of the game and tell them "fuck it im going to do this insane shit and tower rush his ass again" but i didnt realise he chose undead, i figured it was nightelf again but i only realised when my wisp scouts him. I cancel my demon hunter and change to warden. I realise hes making fiends and also cryptlord and i also notice an extra acolyte....Ziggarat rush!!
    I shadowmeld as night comes and set up a quick expansion at 6oclock near my natural while putting up 2 AOW and pumping out hunts. I know i dont have enough units so i need to stall him..
    He walks past my shadowmelded Warden before the bridge and i shadowstrike his acolyte and focus the hell out of him, killing it and running off. This buys me time to pump a hunt or two out as he retreats and begins to quickly make another one. I do the same again but my wardens hp is too low this time and he has too many fiends to do it again. I retreat and pray my hunts are enough to fend him off considering he also has more fiends now and iv spent gold on an expansion. He comes in and hell breaks lose and possibly the best micro iv ever done, a combination of constantly shadowmelding and revealing my units aswell as wisps dispelling his blight, i fend him off forcing him to retreat with only his cryptlord and about 2 fiends, both on red. At this point the observers are going absolutely crazy.

I realise i now have the advantage with the exp and unit kills aswell as having an expansion waiting to be put up.
    I put it up and the game that follows is absolutely insane. A combination of my bears, dryads,dots and faire dragons against his fiends,destroyers, wagons and frostwyms. I begin to lose my advantage as his micro is edging me in the battles but we both retreat since my expansion is keeping me in it, aswell as my solo lvl 6 warden, and he knows this. He trys to counter my expansion by attempting to put up one of his own near his natural but retraining my warden, I harass with fan of knives and blink constantly killing his aco's and blinking out, which is enough to postpone his while i rebuild but he eventually gets it up.

His frostwyms are harrassing my expansion but my odd dryad or 2 fend it off. I continue to run in constantly killing his acololytes and blinking out but his 3 ziggarats are draining my wardens hp so i have to continue to retreat and heal after each hit.
    He doesnt have enough money to rebuild yet so i hit his expansion with the units iv been making and he attempts to fend me off with his units with the help of his ziggarats.
    I lose everything and he has an odd unit or two left but luckily im lvl 7 and my avatar of vengence begins to clean house and its spawns start to destroy his units and the towers. Hes on the run now. His cryptlord runs and i give chase with my warden, blinking and using fan of knives since i only have that at the moment due to retrain...oh how shadowstrike would have been handy. I catch up with him at the shop at the 5oclock position and my final fan of knives kills him and he conceeds.

This was a great moment in warcraft for me. It gave me the belief that i needed, that i can be as good as i want to be if i put my heart in it. These 3 games pushed my game up a huge amount and i actually performed a hell of allot better pushing my game beyond what i thought possible or what i thought i was caperble of.

Another match versus a gosu! I had to play Lyn!

Winning vs a 38-1 guy in early roc. The game was crazy 40 minutes of dk+fiend mirror
    Also playing vs tod long time ago ( when he played an acc AT-YoanM os smt) and killing his am with my warden only 2 times in early game, needless to say he towered me at t2 and owned pretty badly

When I first started playing TFT I just played 3v3 RT and went 26-2 going random, my best record ever lol. And also beating a level 30 or something soloist even if he wasnt playing his main race.

I have played vs grubby, and I must say, it wasn't memorable xD

Other than that I will never forget each game I have seen Meguvin (from clan red Code, more than probably you don't know him xDD) play, for me he is the gosuest guy I have seen. I can't help thinking the most important part of this game is the fun, it really doesn't matter who wins or loses. Well, it's just my oppinion.

When GGL was still active. We always all hung out in our GGL vent, have monday meetings and talk/dota/games.

Now after the u5 split, and the general inactiivity of wc3/bnet. It's been all down hill. I'm almost like the only GGL player ever on, and also there're just random people in the clan that get in probably coz of friends (which never happened in the active GGL days, as it required consent from the whole GGL).

O well good times

my fav memory when qazzi got #1 on ladder without a loss

DotA nights with Lidow + Sapphire =[

madfrog games, in general.
    When was the last time a commercial airline crashed? (besides 2001) Maybe 1968? Because what they didnt check the planes properly? There will be no Commercial Airline crashes because human error has been taken out of the equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows
    ^strong math skills
    100*225= 225 thousand

when i gave chocohuman his first solo loss at 81-0

My best memory... I think it would be all my nice memories of this game coming together. That's what I get when I watch nostalgia movies such as the Do Not Cry movie, which shows the crucial things in WEG1. All these memories, of all these awesome players, some retired, and some still owning it up, when those get together, I feel like I will always play Warcraft.

I also remember about 2 years ago at school, every day I couldn't stop thinking about this game. I was refreshing the things I had done the day before, when I just started soloing. I was constantly going over what I could do the next time and how much games I would play when I got home etc etc. The passion I have for this game is together with the first thing my best "memory".

oh MAN, so many memories... I remember way back in RoC, when i sucked hardcore, I finally broke lvl 10 solo haha. Huge day for me. It was like 2 am and I actually went and woke up my bro to show him, man I ruled at life. Other big memories that stick out are watching my bro beat EN.Despiron, and also him beating cygnus TWICE!!

Played Grubby once. Lost in about 5 minutes.

High points!

-Going 75-4 in RT
    -Beating ShowTime, Lucifer and some noob in 3s.
    -First time one of my clans made WC3L qualies
    -First time one of my clans won a clan league/war
    -First time I was ranked #1 in anything ^_^
    -All my homies I've made throughout the years!
    -Clan NsZ >_<

Some that stick out

My best memory in actually playing the game was getting ranked high in solo and RT back before the AMM change, I think I was top 15 RT and top 100 solo on west.

Most of the best memories from the game come from just chilling with people in my clan.

Post New Reply

Thread Information