WCReplays.com Community Forums

Go Back   WCReplays.com Community Forums > General Forums > Member Chat

Unread 05-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Siddhartha
2000 Point Level

Default The League (comedy)

Anyone watch this show? I'm halfway through season 2 and I don't even watch football nor do I play fantasy league but this show is hilarious. It's mostly improvised too so that makes it even funnier sometimes. If you like It's Always Sunny or Curb your Enthusiasm I think you'll really get a kick out of this show. The first season is meh but second season is just one hilarious episode after the other.

Rafi and Taco are hilarious characters.. Rafi has amazing comedic timing.
Unread 05-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Lerxst
50 Point Level

Send a message via AIM to Lerxst

I really enjoyed this show after stumbling upon it with my friends on Netflix. It's just so idiotically hilarious.
Lerxst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
g3.SneakS
300 Point Level

The only part of this show that I even remotely liked (saw season 1 +2) is Taco. Everything else is sheer idiocy and shitty writing imo. I can't believe that you even mentioned Curb in the same sentence as it =O. But, to each his own I guess. If you're into guy toilet humor, then I guess you would like this show.
g3.SneakS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
WAAA
100 Point Level

^ Watched 2 seasons of a show you didnt like? Thats dedication I guess..

Show isnt bad but not top notch, I liked Taco at first but he got really annoying season 3. I thought the guy with the "super hot wife" was pretty funny.
Unread 05-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
Siddhartha
2000 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3.SneakS View Post
The only part of this show that I even remotely liked (saw season 1 +2) is Taco. Everything else is sheer idiocy and shitty writing imo. I can't believe that you even mentioned Curb in the same sentence as it =O. But, to each his own I guess. If you're into guy toilet humor, then I guess you would like this show.
What do you mean by shitty writing? the episodes follow a general story outline but the dialogue is pretty much 90%+ improvised according to the cast members. I get Curb is a completely different show I know but the only reason I mentioned it is because both shows are improvised rather than follow a strict script, so if you're into that you'll probably like the League.

And toilet humor? Dunno what that's supposed to mean but this show is ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous..so if you're expecting high-brow comedy with a staff of writers then obviously look elsewhere but if you want a good laugh, I think this show can provide it.

Last edited by Siddhartha; 05-05-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Siddhartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
g3.SneakS
300 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAAA View Post
^ Watched 2 seasons of a show you didnt like? Thats dedication I guess..
My brother enjoys the show and we watch tv together pretty often, so I usually end up watching what he watches and vice versa. Theres only one tv in our house =(. I mean, The League isnt the worst show Ive ever seen by any stretch of the imagination. I just think that there are so many amazing shows out there that I wouldnt want to waste my time with something as mediocre as The League. But thats just my opinion about it.
g3.SneakS is offline   Reply With Quote