WCReplays.com Community Forums

Go Back   WCReplays.com Community Forums > Warcraft Forums > Warcraft III Strategy

Unread 05-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Convergence
100 Point Level

Default What do you want in the next patch (if there is a next patch =( )

Hello
Share what do you want in the next patch !
if there is a next patch :>

what i want :

(1) Fixing mhers (HOPEFULLY)
(2) Mana cost for shadow strike should be increased to 100
(3) Swap anti-magic shell and staff for ne. I mean staff in tier 3 and anti-magic in tier 2
(4) WW should cost 90 mana
(5) Put either health regeneration or mana regeneration in tier 1 ud shop
and put ss item in tier 2
(6) Orb of Lighting should cost 928320380283023 gold :\
Even am an orc player i will say this orb is a joke, complete joke .. removing buffs / infinite stom bolts :\
(7) Can not call more than 5 militia per call , cool down for calling the next militia
(8) Talons should cost 175 gold (AAAAAATTTTTTT LLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSTTTTTTTT!!!!!)
WHAT A FUCKIN JOKE UNIT

what about you?

sorry for my bad E ^^
Convergence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
LayDown
75 Point Level

i guess you play undead
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Born2BeKilled
1000 Point Level

Send a message via MSN to Born2BeKilled

If?
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Danesz
300 Point Level

1) Anti-magic Shield should decrease bm critical damage
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Convergence
100 Point Level

LayDown : Clearly you did not read the thread cause i mention my race >< can you tell us what do you want in the next patch?
rain : ye if , it seems blizzard forgot this game :> . can you tell us what do you want in the next patch?
Danesz : ne does not need that. Cause they have the fuckin joke unit :@ Can you tell us what do you want in the next patch?

OK guys please tell us. At least respect the poor OP
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
4Fun
1500 Point Level

I don't know the exact win percentages in every match up but from a couple of years ago I remember (in the orc matchups, i'm orc) that human towerrushes were too strong at every level, talons are too cheap and mk grypphons was too hard to beat on melting valley especially. Then we have the ud match up which is a joke. ud's nuking power in long games is too strong but then you have orc raping the shit out of ud before that ever happens.

.Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution. ~Theodosius Dobzhansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinthesis View Post
This could mean the human genome is now back to 50% complete.
lol
4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Danesz
300 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
Danesz : ne does not need that. Cause they have the fuckin joke unit :@ Can you tell us what do you want in the next patch?

OK guys please tell us. At least respect the poor OP
Anti-magic Shield, not potion... Use google at least before telling us what to do ;P
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Convergence
100 Point Level

4Fun : But hex solve :>
Danesz : Oh sorry.. :>
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
Danesz
300 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
4Fun : But hex solve :>
Danesz : Oh sorry.. :>
np... so what is your opinion about that?
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
Convergence
100 Point Level

Even so
Undead will be raped anyway :p
OvU is a joke
Unread 05-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
justbritto
600 Point Level

Tavern needs a demonhunter-hunter. Doesn't need mana. Devours wisps for health regen. Can learn Righteous Indignation: +100/200/300 damage against a dh. Accelerates by 50/100/200 movespeed whenever a dh is in view. Kicks dh in the nuts with 50/80/100% success for unevadable permastun. Can also learn Gimme That Fuckin Staff You Cheap Bastard.

Make soulburn undispellable.

Nerf frostie breath. They ruin team games. And I mean *every* team game that has an ud in it. Either the frosties carry the whole team or they get owned by mass copter/hippo/garg and lose horribly. So either way, they make the game boring. Melee armies are fun to play. Nerf frosties and bring that fun back!

Last edited by justbritto; 05-16-2012 at 03:46 PM.
justbritto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #12
The-Noobinator
800 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbritto View Post
Tavern needs a demonhunter-hunter. Doesn't need mana. Devours wisps for health regen. Can learn Righteous Indignation: +100/200/300 damage against a dh. Accelerates by 50/100/200 movespeed whenever a dh is in view. Kicks dh in the nuts with 50/80/100% success for unevadable permastun. Can also learn Gimme That Fuckin Staff You Cheap Bastard.

Make soulburn undispellable.

Nerf frostie breath. They ruin team games. And I mean *every* team game that has an ud in it. Either the frosties carry the whole team or they get owned by mass copter/hippo/garg and lose horribly. So either way, they make the game boring. Melee armies are fun to play. Nerf frosties and bring that fun back!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLOLL
The-Noobinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
Sacred Reich
Out of here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbritto View Post
Ain't gonna lie this is what turns me off of 4's RT. There's always one undead douchebag massing frost/fiend and right clicking like he's a fucking pro. So everyone tries to counter and you end up with 8 mass air armies with Wyverns, Chims, Griffs and Frosts. Its so irritating.

Whatever happened to those lolfest games on market place where everyone just rushes into the middle or at someone's base with reasonably sized melee/caster armies and dukes it out?
Sacred Reich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
onesteptwostep
500 Point Level

tanks need to be nerfed. cost more gold or more +1 food

frosties need to be 6 food

acolytes needs a +10 hp boost

hp boost on the t2/t3 mains for the necropolis should be +350 not +250. so 1500 -> 1850 -> 2200 or it can go +350 then +450, making the total hp for the black citedal 2350 (the castle for the human gets 3250 with all 3 mansonary upgrades)

upgraded zigs should have +25~50 more hp against sappers or just more armor

true sight for copters should have an upgrade required

hex should cost more mana, at least 90 (i mean it can hex 3 times right when it comes out??? wtf) and make it so that it needs to be in closer range in order to cast it (like 70 instead of 80; for reference the coil range is 80)
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
Noobs_Gone_Wild
50 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesz View Post
1) Anti-magic Shield should decrease bm critical damage
I've suggested that long ago in some other thread, that am from 'shees soak up dmg from bm crits. To add some:
Speed scroll shouldn't have effect on al-Qaeda goblin sappers.
Any kind of tank nerf.
Noobs_Gone_Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #16
xxanilatorxx
500 Point Level

1)make bolt and shadow strike 90 so that u cant just spam them without even microing
2)talons should cost more or delay the master training upgrade
3)DL should get more intel per level(mana) or should have more armor and HP(cuz right now he isnt having nuf mana to be called a caster hero and doesnt have nuff hp and armor to be called a melee hero)
4)graveyard should have more hp or reduced building time

OPTIMAL CHANGE: put the statues in the temple of the damned, the wagons and the abos in the crypt and remove the slaughterhouse
[0:21]-JuSSioN: imbalanced orc lol
[0:29]-WemadeFOX_Lyn: y
[0:41]-JuSSioN: gogo play fair
[0:43]-JuSSioN: no bm
[0:56]-WemadeFOX_Lyn :who else?:D
[1:00]-JuSSioN: fs ofc
[1:04]-WemadeFOX_Lyn: noo
xxanilatorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #17
Elite_Stealth
1000 Point Level

Haven't played in a while so obviously these aren't perfect.

-Tanks need to give more experience. IIRC, they currently give the experience of a ghoul/archer. When I decide on making tanks, the only thing I think about is gold/lumber lost vs securing another expo with the time I buy. If the player holds off 5 tanks and I get an expo up, I just gained an economy advantage. At this point I can keep sending tanks while I creep the map and also gain a level advantage. While the first of these situations seems fine to me, the second seems a bit imbalanced. Regardless, tanks should at least give the exp of level 3-4 units (vaguely based on food, but not always. batriders, for instance, are 2 food and give exp of level 4 units)

-Blademaster's Windwalk should have a 1 second "real cooldown", meaning it starts after Windwalk is broken. For instance, a level 1 blademaster steals a mountain kings creep at level 1. If the human reacts extremely quickly, they can punish the hero for running into the middle of their army with no support. This would not be a kill by any means, as the BM could windwalk away after the move and spend 33 gold to full heal; rather, the human could put 3 seconds of damage on the BM which, if added up over multiple stuns, could force the BM to leave. This would mean that the player against the BM would have 1 second to react and punish the act of jumping into the middle of their army with a hero. A blade could easily get away with creepjacking against most heroes/races at the early levels, or simply do damage wherever the countering hero is not at. This would mean that a well placed silence/surround could do good damage to the blade, or that if the blade reveals himself in a dangerous spot he can get silenced and at least have to run away taking damage like a normal hero.

While typing this up, I thought of an interesting strategy. Dreadlord/DR ghouls. go fast t3 for frenzy/orb. get a few fiends w/ web. Early game you creep a bit till you have a good amount of ghouls, then you pressure orc to make sure they don't creep big camps. T2 the blade normally harasses while they creep w/ other units. With your fast DR, silence first, you can easily kill the blademaster. Basically, when the BM breaks windwalk (or if its been long enough that the timer is low and you have dust on him), you sleep him, surround him, and silence him as the move to break sleep. Then you attack him with the mass of ghouls for 7 seconds (silence lasts 8 on heroes at level 1), before sleeping again. Rinse and repeat. It should be noted that your dreadlord must be level 3 for this to work.

Here are a few stats you must keep in mind

Dreadlord

level 1: 270 mana
level 2: 300 mana
level 3: 345 mana

Sleep:
level 1: 5 sec on heroes, 100 mana, 6 sec cooldown
level 2: 10 sec on heroes, 75 mana, 6 sec cooldown

So at level 3, you can use the spell 4-5 times (5x75 = 375.. so if you have any intel items or maybe regen would do it considering you would have at least a minute of time)

Dark ranger level 1:

225 mana, silence costs 75, lasts 8 seconds on heroes, 15 second cooldown

This means you can cast the spell 3 times. The problem here is the 15 second cooldown, meaning you need to buy 7 seconds after silence runs out. This means level 3 sleep would be required to be able to cyclically keep the blademaster stuck (would also work on paladin btw). Furthermore, since sleep lasts 10 seconds, and silence has a 15 second cooldown, you would have to wait at least 5 seconds into the silence (6 if you consider lag involved on the recast of silence) to use your sleep again. I feel this is very reasonable and with a good sense of timing could be hit every time.

The fact that blademasters rarely have teleports on them during harass makes this strat extremely strong. If you kill that level 3 blade harassing, that would allow you to completely shut down the TC's creepings (prob went tc because you went ghouls) or to simply creep with your dreadlord/dr combination (dr should hit level 2 fairly quickly with the BM kill, if not then DL is great creeper and DR can add to this with skeletons at level 2). I think an early t3 push would be best, just after getting orb and ghoul frenzy.

Thinking of making an audio of this after I get a new comp in a few weeks

** note on balance part: 1 second would be more fair at the competitive level, as it would require extremely quick reactions to stop. 1.5 would be better for bnet play as lag is involved, and players are generally less skilled. 1 would be the way to go imo though
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavePlz View Post
The ones in the CIA
Elite_Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #18
ShrieK
Replay Submitter

Pretty good post OP, haven't seen such good ideas in years >.<
Unread 05-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
xxanilatorxx
500 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Stealth View Post
Haven't played in a while so obviously these aren't perfect.

-Tanks need to give more experience. IIRC, they currently give the experience of a ghoul/archer. When I decide on making tanks, the only thing I think about is gold/lumber lost vs securing another expo with the time I buy. If the player holds off 5 tanks and I get an expo up, I just gained an economy advantage. At this point I can keep sending tanks while I creep the map and also gain a level advantage. While the first of these situations seems fine to me, the second seems a bit imbalanced. Regardless, tanks should at least give the exp of level 3-4 units (vaguely based on food, but not always. batriders, for instance, are 2 food and give exp of level 4 units)

-Blademaster's Windwalk should have a 1 second "real cooldown", meaning it starts after Windwalk is broken. For instance, a level 1 blademaster steals a mountain kings creep at level 1. If the human reacts extremely quickly, they can punish the hero for running into the middle of their army with no support. This would not be a kill by any means, as the BM could windwalk away after the move and spend 33 gold to full heal; rather, the human could put 3 seconds of damage on the BM which, if added up over multiple stuns, could force the BM to leave. This would mean that the player against the BM would have 1 second to react and punish the act of jumping into the middle of their army with a hero. A blade could easily get away with creepjacking against most heroes/races at the early levels, or simply do damage wherever the countering hero is not at. This would mean that a well placed silence/surround could do good damage to the blade, or that if the blade reveals himself in a dangerous spot he can get silenced and at least have to run away taking damage like a normal hero.

While typing this up, I thought of an interesting strategy. Dreadlord/DR ghouls. go fast t3 for frenzy/orb. get a few fiends w/ web. Early game you creep a bit till you have a good amount of ghouls, then you pressure orc to make sure they don't creep big camps. T2 the blade normally harasses while they creep w/ other units. With your fast DR, silence first, you can easily kill the blademaster. Basically, when the BM breaks windwalk (or if its been long enough that the timer is low and you have dust on him), you sleep him, surround him, and silence him as the move to break sleep. Then you attack him with the mass of ghouls for 7 seconds (silence lasts 8 on heroes at level 1), before sleeping again. Rinse and repeat. It should be noted that your dreadlord must be level 3 for this to work.

Here are a few stats you must keep in mind

Dreadlord

level 1: 270 mana
level 2: 300 mana
level 3: 345 mana

Sleep:
level 1: 5 sec on heroes, 100 mana, 6 sec cooldown
level 2: 10 sec on heroes, 75 mana, 6 sec cooldown

So at level 3, you can use the spell 4-5 times (5x75 = 375.. so if you have any intel items or maybe regen would do it considering you would have at least a minute of time)

Dark ranger level 1:

225 mana, silence costs 75, lasts 8 seconds on heroes, 15 second cooldown

This means you can cast the spell 3 times. The problem here is the 15 second cooldown, meaning you need to buy 7 seconds after silence runs out. This means level 3 sleep would be required to be able to cyclically keep the blademaster stuck (would also work on paladin btw). Furthermore, since sleep lasts 10 seconds, and silence has a 15 second cooldown, you would have to wait at least 5 seconds into the silence (6 if you consider lag involved on the recast of silence) to use your sleep again. I feel this is very reasonable and with a good sense of timing could be hit every time.

The fact that blademasters rarely have teleports on them during harass makes this strat extremely strong. If you kill that level 3 blade harassing, that would allow you to completely shut down the TC's creepings (prob went tc because you went ghouls) or to simply creep with your dreadlord/dr combination (dr should hit level 2 fairly quickly with the BM kill, if not then DL is great creeper and DR can add to this with skeletons at level 2). I think an early t3 push would be best, just after getting orb and ghoul frenzy.

Thinking of making an audio of this after I get a new comp in a few weeks

** note on balance part: 1 second would be more fair at the competitive level, as it would require extremely quick reactions to stop. 1.5 would be better for bnet play as lag is involved, and players are generally less skilled. 1 would be the way to go imo though
Lucifer did exactly that DL DR when he came back
[0:21]-JuSSioN: imbalanced orc lol
[0:29]-WemadeFOX_Lyn: y
[0:41]-JuSSioN: gogo play fair
[0:43]-JuSSioN: no bm
[0:56]-WemadeFOX_Lyn :who else?:D
[1:00]-JuSSioN: fs ofc
[1:04]-WemadeFOX_Lyn: noo
xxanilatorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #20
vhapter
2000 Point Level

Send a message via MSN to vhapter

NE vs HU and OR vs UD are the only matchups that could be more balanced in my opinion (well, maybe NE vs UD too, but I don't know how strong NE is in this matchup), but it's too hard to not affect other matchups.

At this point though, all we need is tournaments and top notch players...