Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to catch a thief ?

400 Point Level

Help me catch a thief wcr detectives !

So, I have a few months left until I move out of my student dorm as I finished my studies a few months ago. For the last year or so we've had a food thief in our common kitchen (fridges have no locks or anything) stealing food from most people on random occasions.

Until a month or so ago, I didnt get anything stolen (guess he didnt like my food as I eat really healthy and high protein). Then he started stealing my 0% fat lean turkey meat. It's been happening quite often. So I've decided to find out who he is and a) Beat the shit out of him b) Report him to the administration and get him kicked out c) Both a & b.

The question is how do I catch him ? Basically, my fridge is used only by me and nobody has any business opening it. So I was thinking of setting up a hidden webcam covering my fridge and have it stream to an old laptop in my room. It'd be easy to recognize him afterwards and I only have to check the video recording if something is missing, otherwise I can just erase it daily.

I call upon you internet detectives of wcr, anyone has any better ideas ? or any way of improving my chances ?

You can poison your food stash - not a real poison that would permanently hurt the guy, but something that would make him sick for a day or two so you can identify him. I've done that before and it works pretty well.
    "-don't worry guys, I'm a registered Democrat because I support gun control, that's why I support the war in Iraq and post anti-gay propaganda. Also I only vote republican. -Orson Scott Card" - Louis Wain

400 Point Level

^ Hmm, the problem is we're 12 people that share the kitchen and sometimes I dont see people for longer periods of time, thus it would be hard to figure out if someone's sick or something.

Bullet Tooth Tony

Put drops of lsd on the food the thief usually takes, but don't use the bunk stuff that ex0 takes that helps you concentrate.

This is why you get your own small refrigerator.

fap into your food
    then if one of your roommates gets pregnant, you know its him

He who hesitates, masturbates.

Quote Originally Posted by 12 students in a dorm
    The common kitchen looms large in the proverbs of the Roman populace. The dominant note is one of fear and distrust. "He who tastes of the 0% lean turkey in the common kitchen will die soon," is a saying that is heard to this day. "Tasting the cup of the great.success" means the sudden or mysterious passing out of this world into the next. Proverbs are not only crystals of wisdom but often reflections of history. The history of the Roman kitchen has been altered more than once by poison skillfully prepared and cunningly administered. In the biographies of popes and cardinals the tale of poisoning is not unfamiliar. Not all the poison in the common kitchen, however, was made by hands. There has always been the deadly venom conceived in the oven and distilled to the students even at this hour in the pulpit and the press and the dorms. The Inquisition, the St. Bartholomew massacre, wars between nations and civil strife, ills and woes without number have come from the toxic laboratory of the common kitchen, where they brew poisons for the mind in such infinite variety.
    http://www.reformation.org/borgia-ch5.html

I can't tell you how to catch a thief, but I do know how to catch a predator.

400 Point Level

That awkward moment when even the wcreplays staff are trolling

Ive found some pretty good software for monitoring and recording streams, with person detection and such. Now all I need is to find a small and cheap wifi webcam that I can connect to my laptop. The only problem is that thief could perhaps see the webcam on his wifi network ?

Quote Originally Posted by great.success View Post
    That awkward moment when even the wcreplays staff are trolling

Ive found some pretty good software for monitoring and recording streams, with person detection and such. Now all I need is to find a small and cheap wifi webcam that I can connect to my laptop. The only problem is that thief could perhaps see the webcam on his wifi network ?
    if he could it wouldnt matter. sure he would just think. oh someone in the dorm has a webcam coool hes probably have cyber sex with his gf in a long distance relationship that is defo gonna work out

Put one of those keyring alarm things on the inside of your fridge door, thus when he opens it it will start piping (PIIIP, PIIIP) and weowing (WIIIOOUUUU WIIIOOOUUU) like crazy and you can run out and catch him.

"Life's a bitch and then you die, wroong! Life's a biiaatch and then you decide, to do something about it. Shit'll only drive you crazy if you allow it."

Add some laxatives to your tasty food. lol ;p
    A: You are mistaken if you think you are living. You are currently dying. You're just creeping towards death little by little. Your life is limited by time. Haha. I am still figuring out my dream. I am dying, but I want to achieve my dream. Everyone fighting~!
    Invisible signature.

is it possible its someone who isnt on your floor? could it also be possible its more than one person doing the stealing?

put a tiny little camera inside so they eat the camera then run round and punch everyone in the stomach till the image moves a lot.

also you could put a fuck ton of chili powder in and then put clingfilm over the toilet seat and see which one has a really bad time.

now WHY THE FUCK are you flaming me ????!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord_9 View Post
    Good luck trying to get in a tda game, they will just kick you. Plus sometimes they can't speak enligsh. I played with someone from Hong Kong and they couldent speak enliglish.

100 Point Level

Ask him if he's a democrat.

it is I, who has been stealing your non fat food. I'm trying to watch my diet and it has been a great success.

.Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution. ~Theodosius Dobzhansky

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthesis View Post
    This could mean the human genome is now back to 50% complete.
    lol

1500 Point Level LowKeyLyesmith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gloop View Post
    Put drops of lsd on the food the thief usually takes, but don't use the bunk stuff that ex0 takes that helps you concentrate.
    lol

This might be a little rude, but do you have a mental disability ex0 of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by Elven_Lord View Post
    This is why you get your own small refrigerator.
    I am surprised someone who goes to columbia university can come up with something so stupid

He is leaving his uni, which means he cannot travel back in time.

And supposing he starts uni all over again, not everyone at uni have an extra $300~1000 lying aronud - I remember I was so poor I could basically be scavenging food out of garbage cans (hence so many food thieves). And, most likely, the food he will lose will not outweigh the cost of a fridge

EDIT: Sorry, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I mean by this example I don't think people in there are that bright lololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Gloop View Post
    Please do this.

Post New Reply

Thread Information