Post New Thread

Thread: The Great Strategy

Trying a new approach Demongod86's Avatar

The Great Strategy

Hey guys, tired of the same old DotA? Why not play a better game? Just for ONCE play The Great Strategy version 1.16

It works like this:

Pick a hero for their stats

(EG: Illidan is a VERY high damage agility hero, Sylvanas does that same damage from range)

Your hero does not have set skills. You buy skills. Whenever you level up, you get 2 wood. All normal skills cost 2 wood, ultimates 8, and specials 5. You can have up to 5 different normal/ultimate skills, with normal skills going to level 10 and ultimates going to level 3. One special skill only!

The races are orcs (allied with UD) versus humans allied with NE. That means you can get any combo of human/NE/neutral skills (lifedrain not included for humans cuz level 10 evasion would be rigged then) and any combo of Orc/UD/neutral skills. Both races have "nuke strings" which essentially allow you to murder a hero at a glance. Human nuke string: storm bolt, entangling roots, shadow strike for melee or searing arrows for ranged, both with hurl boulder (300 damage 5 second stun FULL MAP nuke) for specials.

Also, the computer does not spawn units without your input. You, the players, level up the quantity of the units spawned, level 1 being cheap, level 2 being moderately expensive, level 3 being very expensive, and level 4 being downright impossible to get. The key here is to not lose production buildings, or you're in trouble.

Some hero builds I like:

Humans

Illidan with Evasion (10) Drunken Haze (1) Fan of Knives (10) Breath of Fire (10)

AWESOME physical tank, great at raping armies, and can even kill lower HP heroes. HP could use work though so watch out for nukes or get avatar as an ultimate for the spell immunities (Btw, Meta isn't an ultimate for Hu/NE. It falls under avatar, except DH transforms into his demon form when using it)

Sylvanas (yes, the living version)

Storm bolt (10) Entangling roots (10) Searing arrows (10) Hurl Boulder (special)

Heroes? What heroes? Also, her starting skill, windwalk, allows her to get in and out of combat and sneak around. Very awesome hero killer.

Weak to nukes though so keep mana open for windwalk.

Archmage

Summon Water Elemental (10) Summon Sea Elemental (special) Avatar of vengeance (3) Summon Quillbeast (as much as you can)

Start off by putting 1 point into summon water elemental, get vengeance next, and keep an eye on vengeance's cooldown in the shop. Always buy this ultimate the second it becomes available. At levels 2 and 3, Avatar projects unholy aura, and at level 4 and up, the water elementals have brilliance aura.

Very weak to either melee heroes or nukes, so keep your distance and let your spawned army just trash everything (and believe me, it will).

Orcs:

Kelthuzad

Death coil (as high as you can) Frost nova (ditto) Impale (same story) Frost missile (special, same as hurl boulder) Inferno (3)

Bye bye, enemy heroes! Nobody escapes this nuker! And he has the best goddammed summon in the game, with a whopping 14 armor, 110-156 damage, 3500 life, and faerie fire for shits and giggles! Just watch out for other nuking heroes as they'll kill you just as quickly!

So get out there and play some great strategy!

where can i d/l?

Errr, just find it being hosted on the servers, I guess.

420)pLaYa ban-dodging CaLLMeNooB's Avatar

It's an aite game. It need some save+load hero code. If the creator gave it to me i could do dat shiat.

Yeh I played it before, version 1.14 though. Even so, Illidan owned. The super buff Illidan has abilities like this:

Bash
    Engineering upgrade (the one on the tinker)
    Evasion

and others I can't remember. It's all these attack faster abilites and owns enemy heroes very hard.

But I like the human nuke too that consists of:

SS
    Banish
    Holy Light
    Bolt
    Hurl Boulder

That's also a major nuke at high levels

I really like it, and you can get some mad homo nukes. For example:

Bolt + SS + Banish + Phoenix (61-75ish magic damage, so it works on banish) + FoK.

This can just assfuck things, as can something like Imaple + coil + Nova + whatever else you want to add to that. o_O

4v4 RT may be the most amusing thing computer gaming will ever offer.

I think it's a lot better than Eternal Conflict and the like, but that's just my opinion...

4v4 RT may be the most amusing thing computer gaming will ever offer.

Errr, engineering upgrade blows. It doesnt add to attack speed. Just move speed and +2 to damage every level. 20 damage and a boots of speed...whoopty frigging doo...I'd rather get a better skill, thx.

where can i get the map?.. ne links?

Tolja, just find it being hosted. If not, I forget the link. But the site is in Japanese, so I can't find my way around it anyway. So just look thru custom games, it's rather popular.

its so much fun, i usually go pit lord cause of his massive hp :-p then load him up with endurance

btw, there's a new version out: 1.17 with new skill: volcano. Spews 350 damage boulders all over the place, and it DOES hit allies, so watch the f*ck out! Human side special skill. A fun new strat: pool all gold to one player and make their upgrades look silly.

Builds: AoEr, nuker, summoner, fighter (bash/brawler or searing arrows/bash for ranged), and the fifth can get whatever is remaining (probably another summoner)

Post New Reply

Thread Information