Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: True Detective

Ye, season 1 was 100x better. This season had too many fucked up characters. It felt like every scene was a depressing monologue. 2edgy4me. I actually laughed out loud when they zoomed in on the phone "upload failed".

600 Point Level
    Pinnochiophile

i haven't watched this season at all :3 is it still worth watching? or are there better things now

the loudest mouths will hail the newfound way
    to be king for a day

It's worth it, try not to think of it as True Detective :\

The first scene is terrible; colin ferrel has an overweight red headed son and of course, tv makes the kid completely nervous and shy and later gets bullied and has his shoes stolen. To me, this was the main plot of the season. I don't think Ferrel, vince vaugh, and that Rachel Mcaddams actress were bad actors in this season, but they weren't great either. they focused on their personal lives way god damn too much. Sometimes I honestly forgot there was a plot.

Yes, avoid it

After having a few weeks to digest Season 2, I think the problem of the Season is that the story is too ambitious. What would work for a gritty detective novel is lost because of too many characters, characters names, and a couple seasons where very minor characters drive very important scenes or actions.

I had a hard time following all the twists and turns and characters before reading an all-encompassing explanation from an author writing at Slate, because there were so many different characters floating around. Contrast that to Season One, where Rust and Marty and their circles of family/friends drove the plot. A lot easier to follow.

It was terrible

yeah this season was awful which makes me less excited for the next season and for the show in general

I've just watched the first 2 episodes of season 1, and thought it was a bit slow. Is it worth it to keep watching?

It takes some getting in to. I'd give it 4 episodes.

Post New Reply

Thread Information