Post New Thread

Thread: Connecting to BNet with a VPN?!

Connecting to BNet with a VPN?!

Hi, trusted WCR community.

I have started to use a VPN software (Hide My Ass) recently for internet encryption. As some of you know this is a damn good idea these days (even more so if you use torrents). I come to you with a dilemma of mine that I cannot figure out. I've used google and tried various things but still have this issue:

When using the VPN (Virtual Private Network) I can't connect to Battle.net through the game client. I can surf the web without problem, and when it is disabled I can connect fine. I have tried changing the DNS servers and attempting to log on through Garena and W3arena. Any troubleshooting I've found doesn't help me here.

It may be a shot in the dark, but as WCR still knows WC3, anyone have any ideas or know anything about this subject?

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by FML_sEksi; 03-23-2014 at 04:37 AM.

I don't see why all web services except wc3 would work in the vpn. Maybe you can provide some error messages or see if you can log on to sc2 on the vpn? I assume any thing you can find about sc2 would be applicable since network-wise bnet 2.0 and bnet 1.0 aren't that different.

I tried to connect to Battle.Net through Hearthstone also and failed. When I disabled the VPN, I connected right away to Hearthstone BNet. Same goes with WC3, so I assume I am unable to connect to Battle.net while connected to the VPN regardless of the platform.

Thanks for the quick response though! Must sleep... been spending over 2 hours trying to figure this out ><
    Last edited by FML_sEksi; 03-23-2014 at 04:50 AM.

Have you tried opening ports 6112-6119 on the vpn?

try griffers solution and if that doesn't work then you need to upgrade to the real deal.

I wouldn't be shocked in the least if blizzard has banned your VPN.

Post New Reply

Thread Information