Post New Thread

Thread: Twin Peaks (use spoiler tags!)

Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye

Twin Peaks (use spoiler tags!)

So yeah, if you want to talk about what happens in the show, use spoiler tags

Over the last week, I watched Twin Peaks from start to finish (it is on Hulu for those interested). I saw it mentioned here in the recent greatest TV series of all time thread and again on a top 100 TV shows of all time at 24 or something. I thought it was really, really good overall. Highly recommend. I get the feeling not everyone will like it though.

It's hard to compare to other shows, but it is definitely one of my favorites. It did not seem as complete as The Sopranos, The Wire, or Breaking Bad, but it was very gripping. The Wire and Breaking Bad rank higher to me, but I seriously question Sopranos vs Twin Peaks in my personal pleasure. At the end, the Sopranos probably takes the cake, but no two seasons of The Sopranos had me on the edge of my seat quite the way Twin Peaks did. Although I have undoubtedly not watched many of the great series that are out there and therefore cannot compare them, Twin Peaks ranks as my 4th favorite series.

The story, characters, aesthetic, and music of Twin Peaks were just something to fall in love with to me. It seemed so different from more recent TV shows, but so good. The witty, sarcastic, jeer and curse filled atmosphere of television today is not there, which was refreshing. Dale Cooper is just an awesome protagonist.

I also saw the movie, "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me," which was basically good because it adds a little bit of closure after watching the whole series, but to that end, it was not perfect, and as a stand alone movie I think it was a little disappointing.

Before I get into discussing the show or movie, who else has seen it and what did you think of it? How would you compare it to your other favorite shows? Any recommendations for other TV shows if one liked Twin Peaks?

I haven't watched it in years but I've seen a lot of it when I was younger. My sister owned and still owns it, and I remember some of the same scenes being played night after night cuz she went to asleep watching it basically every night.

I got then, and pretty sure will not, an eerie and nostalgic feeling watching it. That music being played is so sad and gives a feeling of the past and the times are-a-changing if that makes sense. Lynch does some strange ass stuff so it is really hard to compare this show to another.

I watched like 5 episodes of it years ago but for some reason didn't finish. IIRC, it was kind of interesting. Didn't have me that hooked though. I might go back and watch it again.

Post New Reply

Thread Information