Post New Thread

Thread: Online dungeon's & dragon's group?

Online dungeon's & dragon's group?

Would anyone be interested in playing a group of D&D online over ventrilo or mumble or some other medium? I've been wanting to play for a while but its hard for me to find enough time and a group in person as a graduate student. I last played 3.5 a while back but im flexible to the version. I absolutely love faerun but I'm flexible on that too.

I figure for this to work we need to pick a day, weekend is probably best, and we all need to stick by showing up at that time. I figure we can do 4 hours or something to start. If some of this doesn't work out I'll go through the reddit lfg page but I figured someone else from wcr would be interested.

I would be interested. I've played a bit of D&D 3rd edition before, it was pretty fun. (Although I wasn't a big fan of the combat mechanics because I kept rolling too low on the d20 )

Using the center command for my signature makes me feel special...

id be interested but it would have to be on saturday night or sunday night, sunday night would be best tbh

nerds

I would love to join ya but Ive got no previous experience with D&D

Sundays would be ideal

Hey guys. So right now for sure I've got questic and bluedot. Here's what we planned. We will play faerun, and i will be DM. I'm also roughly aiming for 4 people total, although 5 is ok. Beyond that and i think it'll start to get pretty hard to schedule. This coming saturday we are going to meet at 1:30 EST on skype (or IRC if we can't find people) and try to figure stuff out. It won't take that long on saturday, probably an hour or so. On the agenda for saturday is to find a more permanent time, pick an edition to play (i'm leaning toward 5th, because i've heard it is very well made, but 3.5 materials are cheaper by about $15 each).

Also we might start making some characters because that alone might take 3ish hours especially if people are brand new. Questic showed me online resources but i didn't go through them closely, but as far as i could tell there wasn't a detailed description of how to pick skills and feats on there. I'm leaning towards 3.5, because I would like this to be a real game so people would need to at least have a players handbook so they can look up their own information, and not just leave it all to me :P. Player's handbooks go for like 10-15 on amazon now so it's not hard to get one, but it would take some investment of time and energy from everyone.

I would really like to emphasize I want to make this relatively consistent. We'll all have real life every so often, so we might miss one week here and there, but I really don't want to create a group to find one person each week can't show up. If we set a time, I can't force everyone to be there, but it is pretty necessary for people to be present. Questic is involved and he is 5 hours ahead of EST, so I was hoping to aim to get this in on reasonable hours for him, at least to start. As i said in OP I'm aiming for ~4 hr sessions.

Reminder we are planning to meet at 1:30 EST today. If people want to meet earlier we can do that too.

Post New Reply

Thread Information