Post New Thread

Thread: im sorry but i have to make this topic regarding 24/jack bauer

im sorry but i have to make this topic regarding 24/jack bauer

I don't care if you're a fan of the old 24, or liked/disliked this new mini series/season of 24 that just ended a couple nights ago, but I'm just ABSOLUTELY bothered by something: does fox have some kind of underlying theme/point they want to bring up about alzheimers disease or something?

For the entire season, there was the whole issue of the president having alzheimers and even after Audrey died, the president told the British PM that he wouldn't remember a single thing about her in a couple months. WTF is up with that? They have been making this alzheimers issue such a big deal the entire season and I was completely bewildered why the president said this in the 2nd to last scene in the series.

Why? It is bothering the hell out of me

Oh, I forgot that 24 is back.
    I'm letting him [President Obama] off the hook on the IRS thing because not only was the conduct entirely reasonable, it was done by low level subordinates he had not a goddamn thing to do with, and there's been an investigation and pending actions on it internally for a year or more.

So it's a tv show that glamorizes agents from the state torturing people and breaking the law to save the world from terists and your biggest complaint is a vague idea about alzheimer's being portrayed negatively?

its just, the 2nd to last scene in what is probably the 2nd to last scene in the entire series and they just bring up this alzheimers bullcrap

Alright, I'll take that as an affirmative.

100 Point Level

griffer getting SO preachy/pretentious.

Breaking Bad glorifies ruining your family to create a multimillion dollar meth empire, all because you enjoy it.
    (02:57 / All) HarrroPrease: why say anythingf if ur gonna play like a !@!@&#
    (03:01 / All) HarrroPrease: just be a !@!@&# and be done with it
    (03:04 / All) HarrroPrease: i mean seriously
    (03:13 / All) HarrroPrease: just learn to actually play the game u fucking !@!@&#
    Last edited by LongLiveWC3; 07-16-2014 at 10:27 PM.

1500 Point Level LowKeyLyesmith's Avatar

Dallas glorified the same thing and people loved it.

Post New Reply

Thread Information