Post New Thread

Thread: Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider

I built a computer a couple months ago and my video card came with some free games, and of the selection I could choose from, Tomb Raider was rated the highest, so I picked it up. I've never played any before as I always felt embarrassed as a kid to have them.

I just beat it last night and I have to say it was an extremely good game. Can't say I've played a better non-blizzard game since Skyrim. The story was fun, the combat great, the weapons memorable and enjoyable. And Lara wasn't some unrealistic, impossibly proportioned figure wearing shorts, but was much more normal. And scarred as hell all over her hands and arms. The game did beat the crap out of her a little too much, and I wish there was a little more to do once you finally upgrade all your weapons and finish the story, but whatever.

Since the game rebooted the series, it was cool how you go from zero to hero, and makes you really crave a sequel where she becomes even cooler, which I think is planned to come out in like a year and a half. I really recommend it, its definitely worth a play through. Of the last ~20 games I've played, its been the best.

1500 Point Level LowKeyLyesmith's Avatar

You haven't played many action adventure games lately, eh?

Uncharted, Batman Asylum series and every Legend of Zelda game since Zelda 3, are exactly the same game.

Not really, the last game I played like this was called Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. It was extremely similar, but that was like 5 years ago.

Staff Director
    Venti Double Double

Very fun game, it was the first one I have picked up since the really early ones for like... Dreamcast, I think. Nice storyline, good interface, lots of cool stuff like shooting zip lines!

I don't play a lot of action games but I like the puzzle/action kinda stuff... HL and such. This one was a little more action and less puzzle than older TR games, but still worth the money.

I picked up the TR reboot during a steam sale last year. I thought the game was awesome. The story was fine, but what I thought was really done well was the gameplay: both the action and the exploration. I seem to recall previous TR games being criticized for having shallow combat but I did not find that to be the case.

Post New Reply

Thread Information