Post New Thread

Thread: Orc mirror question

Orc mirror question

When I'm playing orc mirror, I normally go for the standard BM+SH grunt raider walker kodo 50 food army. However, when my opponent fast techs and gets firelord second with either BM or FS first, I'm not sure how to stop the immediate push once he hits t2. Is it easier for a nub like myself to also fast tech and get firelord 2nd? What are the key points to beating the fast tech firelord 2nd strat if I do the standard tech with SH 2nd?

Just play some defense. One of the key points I found to playing orc is being able to defend pushes which requires delicate base micro, careful grunt control, and good use of healing salves. Keep practicing

kill the fire spawns, ff heros, crit luck, gg

Replay Submitter FRYZ.Adrenaline's Avatar

yes focus fire heroes and if you cant do enough damage , get a warmill if u see their fast teching and tower up max 2 towers on each side of your base and go demos

well if he fast tech he will only have 2 grunts. i recommand killing the fl first to reduce as much as u can the number of lava spawn. use ur burrows. it shouldnt be very hard to counter. if he bm focus just save him until u can buy a healing pot
    [0:21]-JuSSioN: imbalanced orc lol
    [0:29]-WemadeFOX_Lyn: y
    [0:41]-JuSSioN: gogo play fair
    [0:43]-JuSSioN: no bm
    [0:56]-WemadeFOX_Lyn :who else?:D
    [1:00]-JuSSioN: fs ofc
    [1:04]-WemadeFOX_Lyn: noo

Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye

Try to creep to at least level 2, but know that he's going to come and push you early tier 2 (before you get your tier 2 most likely) and make sure you are salved up at that point. Fly once lost to kiwikaki when kiwikaki went FS/FL rax after tech because he got greedy and tried to creep the merc camp on TM right when he was coming to tower him. Other than that, just have good micro. I'd focus the hero that doesn't have boots if there is one. Also, when he comes to tower you, I'd try to meet him on the way to your base. If he starts towering you, all he has to do is survive long enough to get his towers up and then it becomes much harder to win. Getting an early warmill/tower/demo sometimes really hurts this strat to if your early game didn't go so well.

Post New Reply

Thread Information