Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Holland - what do I need to know?

Back in Poland. Resuming my studies on Wednesday.

I'd like to thank again all the Dutch people here who helped me. You have a great country (although you could have some public footbal fields :P). It was a wonderful experience. I will miss the ducks in the streets.
    A: You are mistaken if you think you are living. You are currently dying. You're just creeping towards death little by little. Your life is limited by time. Haha. I am still figuring out my dream. I am dying, but I want to achieve my dream. Everyone fighting~!
    Invisible signature.

So are you in Warsaw or Wroclaw? Musimy pójść na piwo

vi spelar something dota hatte dota i hear ya mon

/swedishmastered
    [21:05] <Glewp> roses are red
    [21:05] <Glewp> violets are blue
    [21:05] <Glewp> im a wcr member
    [21:05] <Glewp> so i know kung fu

Haha, I'm in Wrocław. I broke my collar bone playing football (first week of October). I am considering going to Warsaw on 11th of November (Independence Day). I might pick a different date if you so prefer, just to visit Warsaw (haven't been there in several years) and meet. Maybe a bigger WCR meet-up?

Another option would be meeting here. Maybe people from my Russian language course would like to join - several Ukrainians and one Belarussian. :P

Currently I am taking medication and can't drink alcohol (although my dose is really low, so I will ask my doctor again).

edit: Also, I'm sorry. I somehow missed your post. The first week after I came back was hectic.
    A: You are mistaken if you think you are living. You are currently dying. You're just creeping towards death little by little. Your life is limited by time. Haha. I am still figuring out my dream. I am dying, but I want to achieve my dream. Everyone fighting~!
    Invisible signature.
    Last edited by fiRe.power; 10-18-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, completely slipped my mind somehow.

I was actually planning to get out of Warsaw for 11th/12th. My office is closed until Tuesday so I was thinking of going to the tricity, but I could come to Wroclaw as well - haven't been there yet either. Let me know what your plans are.

/swedishmastered

I gave it a second thought and I am not going to Warsaw. It's going to be too crowded to go there with a broken collar bone. :P

Tuesday is the 11th. Did you mean 10th/11th instead of 11th/12th? Would make more sense to close the office on Monday as it is between the weekend and the Independence Day (Tuesday). You are welcome to come anytime from 8th to 12th (we have a free bedroom, so you wouldn't have to stay in a hotel). I would recommend at least Sunday-Tuesday, though, as everything will be closed on Tuesday. On Monday it should be okay, but one day is not enough to see several different places unless you want to rush it. I will ask my history teacher from middle school whether he could be our guide. He used to do this as a hobby. ;]

We could also meet my friends or my new friends from the Russian language course (dunno what they'd think of it, haven't socialized with them yet). Half of them are Ukrainian, we could speak Russian instead of English. :P
    Invisible signature.

Yeah, I did mean 10th/11th - Monday & Tuesday. Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't want to inconvenience you - I'm sure I can find a hostel easy enough. I'll look into tickets & accommodation tonight. I'll PM you my phone number as well.

Any suggestions on what to do in Wroclaw for a tourist?

/swedishmastered

The zoo - they just opened a new facility today (Afrykarium), Rynek (city center), Hala Stulecia, a few fountains and bridges, several old churches/cathedrals, DWARVES, Ostrów Tumski, Panorama racławicka.

But it depends on what you're into.
    Invisible signature.

Post New Reply

Thread Information