Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Darkest Dungeon

The Vestal is attractive to you because, no offence, you're still finding your way through the game, and as such, you're relying on heals. When you advance some more, you'll find that you'll probably like the Occultist more. Also, 3-5 heal all is nothing when monsters hit you for 30+. Not to mention that this amount of heal is for the skill's later levels, which aren't available to you initially. I agree that her stun, as well as other ranged spell are great, tho.

As for the Leper, he's the hero with the highest non-crit damage in the game. A great tank, durable, deals great damage, has self-heal and prot. He's my favorite char.

Grave Robber is great if you stack speed on her, then use Lunge on round 1, destroying their third guy (typically a stressor, or high dmg dealer) which shifts her one spot to the front. On round 2 you use Throw Dagger to clear the other backranker, and it's gg from there. She has great damage, but is VERY fragile. Sometimes all it takes to kill her is just two hits.

As for destressing, Jester is great, although you won't be doing that much else with him, EXCEPT if you use Finale with high crit and high speed, so he can go first, then promptly shift to the backrank. Other options are houndmaster (not that great, as typically only 1-2 heroes acquire stress during a quest's progress, so you don't really need AoE destress).
    Another option is an Occultist, who doesn't have a literal destress, but has instead high crit, which, if proc'd upon healing, will also destress.

Options there are many. You go figure it out!

Didn't hear much on Leper so thought you guys didn't like him for lack of support to allies/doesn't make use of mark/doesn't touch last 2 ranks.
    About to face "hard" dungeons, want to get my equipment to level 4 first and hopefully skills to level 5. Although even if i lost everything, i have pretty much a backup crew.
    Got one decent occultist which is being levelled should i want a switch up.

Thanks for the response. Will keep grinding :P

Post New Reply

Thread Information