Post New Thread

Thread: Warcraft III On Newest OS X Macs

Warcraft III On Newest OS X Macs

Hi all,

Considering buying a Retina iMac, base specs. The only game I intend to play at all is Warcraft 3, and that only sporadically, but I'm reading that the latest OS X systems don't support it. Some people can't get it to install; others can start it but can't connect to B.Net.

Anyone have any experience with this? There are apparently workarounds but I want to be confident that I can play my favorite game if I do end up going this route.

Thanks!

Iirc the main problem is in order to install the game or something, you need an old version of OSX, because the game only was able to be installed on like the original OSX. I just took the files from an old mac at my house and put them on my newer laptop (this was a couple years ago), already installed, and it worked no problem. You might need to patch the game outside of the client too, which is nbd.]

So I would suggest downloading it already installed, which should be legal enough if you actually own the game.

hmm, thanks man. I hope it's that simple. I own a 2011 MBA that I've kept at OSX 10.6, so I'll try that out and see if I have any success.

600 Point Level
    Pinnochiophile

base spec retina mac isn't worth buying

the loudest mouths will hail the newfound way
    to be king for a day

^^ why do you say that?

also wtf is up with battle.net site. I can't even find the War3 downloader anymore :/

Post New Reply

Thread Information