22 22.45%
  • Dark Ranger

4 4.08%
Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Ranged Hero

Best Ranged Hero

Another poll...out of the 9..who do you think is the best ranged hero?

If it was just pure ability + spells, it would be the far seer. But if u include auras, it's definately the arch mage.

I chose Fs...because of the wolves for scouting/attacking and chain lighting...Archmage is still one of my favorites though because of blizzard/wm/brilliance aura

im sorry, dark rangeR>ALL

Lich=GG kthnx die.

archmage beacuse we owns and brillance aura means limitless healing from ur priests.

It's funny how the Naga is no longer super popular.

Yes, I bet the Lich KING would own all with his mind control on nearly all the undead. God knows what other powerfuls spells it has.

whoever pick DR its prolly cause they think she looks cool, not cause shes good :/

I appear to be the only one who chose the Priestess

I like Priestesses because of Trueshot Aura, which adds a lot to any Ranged army, what I'd expect the poll to be about. But if it isn't a Ranged army, I'd also take the Archmage.

i think the potm is the priest-o-cannon. awesome damage, but in terms of spells, am is better than anything...

It is nearly impossible to pick because there is really no background to this. Dark Ranger is arguably the greatest 2nd or 3rd hero, simply due to silence. Necro's that can't raise dead, a Mountain King with no thunder clap or storm bolt...even a few seconds makes a big difference.

If you are talking first hero...I'd say Archmage. Awesome summon, amazing aura, and if the game lasts long enough for him to get his ultimate...well, if it is that long then it is a game of expansions, and mass teleport is very good at saving your own expansions and taking down enemy expansions.

Finally, if you would say the one that can do the most damage to an army, then it's Lich. Nova slows and damages while dark ritual allows you to constantly be using nova.

anybody who voted here doesnt understand the game at all. there is no "best ranged hero". theyre all good for different reasons... potm isnt too good of a hero with mass bears or anything, but naga for example is pretty good.
    King Shadow IC (6:49:59 PM): Stop leaving DotA games to make out with your sister, geez man.
    King Shadow IC (7:39:14 PM): Moo.
    King Shadow IC (7:27:33 PM): You fail.
    King Shadow IC (7:27:52 PM): Please die.
    King Shadow IC (7:29:46 PM): You're newb.
    King Shadow IC (8:30:35 PM): Moo.

there can be a best because it is an opinion. Who is the best basketball player?? who is the best football player?? Who is the best hockey player?? Every single player is good, or has something good about them, so then we are not allowed to choose a 'best' ??

You cant judge heroes of different races, because, for example, Archmage isn't a very good hero, to be honest, but when you add in the bread and butter of the Human's army, casters, he becomes really great. Using that with a NE army, wouldn't work, since the only real caster they have is DotTs. Ditto with the DK, orcs don't need regen that much, and the speed they can get from a friendly TC. The heroes definitely support the units, not the other way around, so picking a best hero without knowing what units you will be using isn't bright. Each hero is good in certain situations. If you are speak solely on damage, however, my vote is a 3-way tie; Farseer can summon wolves, destroy buildings and dominate mass units (to some degree); Naga Sea Witch can dominate fleeing units/heroes, and ditto with the farseer: destroy buildings, and kill mass units to a certain degree; The last hero, based solely on damage, in my oppinion is the PotM: she has an aura to add to her own damage, she has starfall which will kill units and buildings in an AoE area (though this is stoppable) and she has fire arrows which also adds to her damage.

I agree with the above two posts, but i still voted for the Kotg. It can turn battles if given enough mana and also is the most fun hero to use of all the nine.

200 Point Level

IMO i dont want see my enemey have a lvl 6+ PotM, BM, or DR.

POtM: huge dmg at that point and starfall can end the game...if not stopped

BM: With siphon mana and flame strike ot can cast the FS nearlt inf times and the bird isnt that funny to deal with.

DR: She will silence my casters and heros and steal my units with charm. Drain my heros life with 50+ dmg per sec.

Althought none of this heros are good as first heros as the AM or FS

There can be a best..depending on what types of situations your in..for example...archmage would be useful with casters..but what i meant was what is your favorite hero is

It's a toss up between far seer and archmage. Let's take a more detailed look at both:

Scouting Advantage Far Seer (wolves fast are fast and invisible late game, plus far sight, Water Elems are too slow)
    Harassment Advantage Far Seer (although AM isn't bad w/ blizzard)
    Creeping Advantage Archmage (higher hitpoint summons and you can creep air as well)
    Skills Advantage Archmage (the Archmage has arguably the best aura in the game, the far seer has basically a junk ability with far sight)
    Ultimate Advantage Archmage (Mass Teleport is one of the best Ultimates in the game especially on large maps and FFA. Earthquake which can be easily cancelled by your opponent is often times not selected until level 7 and is very situational)

As you can see...it's pretty close but I would rate the Archmage as slightly better.

i disagree with some of your points riv[god].
    basically... you forgot chain lightning for FS which is an amazing ability especially vs low hp armies, ie. mass archer/dott/ghoul.

the archmage only has 1 skill to note, and thats WE. his other is an aura thats amazing, but only cos of humans casters, it would be useless in any other race.

Post New Reply

Thread Information