Post New Thread

Thread: Need help buying a simple/cheap printer for my parents for xmas.

Need help buying a simple/cheap printer for my parents for xmas.

Basically, they just want a printer that is pretty much a black n white printer. They don't care about printing photos or colors; just basic text based stuff. Also, they want it to be wireless/wifi, meaning, they can click "print" on their laptop, and boom, their text based w/e pages get printed.

One thing that drives them nuts, and I absolutely hate it too, is having to buy ink cartridges all the time or, seeing as how I looked at printers just now and they were all "color" ones and for most of them reviews said if one color cartridge runs out or gets jammed, then you can't even print simple black n white text stuff even if that is pretty much the only thing they want to print for. This pretty much ticks me off, too.

So they want cheap, simple, and wireless capabilities, and the least amount of hassle with dealing with buying cartridges; meaning it better last a long time for one cartridge. Any ideas or links? I'd appreciate any help.

also if u didnt pick up on it, ideally, it would be awesome if the printer had no color capabilities and just needed a black ink cartridge, although I cant even find this feature, after looking at like 20 printers. I think they are called laser printers but I'm not sure.

Staff Director
    Venti Double Double

You are looking for a monochrome printer. Hit up newegg or amazon and search.

Yes, find a monochrome laserprinter. Figure out if they want \ need duplex (print on both pages) or network via wifi or ethernet. Duplex is usually marked with a D after modelnumber, or N for Network (Example: Lexmark E360DN).

With lasers, you won't have issues with "drying out" printnozzles, and there's plenty of capacity for toner.

Post New Reply

Thread Information