Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Terrorblade item build order

Terrorblade item build order

What is a good order to get the items for TB? I usually start with 3 x wraith then sange, yasha and the butterfly but some people go different stuff first.

3-4 wraith bands

Agility or strength treads (depends really) travels is nice if your team can hold out

Yasha first or get Sange first if your having some problems

Finish Sange & Yasha

The next item should be butterfly if you are against agility heroes like troll, pa, Or if you just need that extra damage, attack speed and evasion for some reason

Otherwise go Skadi vs the intel lineup and be prepared to 4 shot them

yo

you can also go 2-3 wrath bands and get radiance as your first item if your team is competent and don't need you in most of your fights,

so the build would be

3 wrath bands
    Radiance
    Travels
    Skadi or butterfly afterwards

you also need to see that fucking DM9 Grand Finals MYM vs Mouz game, mouz.kurorky(BroodMother) was fucking dominating slahsher mid game and mouz had like 10 kills and MYM had 1, and Brood was so farmed up, but as all that was going on Terrorblade was just happily farming in his jungle, you have to see this epic game.

http://www.dota-allstars.com/replay/52879/index.html

90 min of epicness, boringness, and the dream builds most of the carry heroes

Eh Drayich moved to mouz? wow I didn't know that.

On topic, I usually jungle with TB and go for 4 wraiths to Radiance which afterwards, I'll go for Skadi. In lane, almost the same build but sometimes I do go for SnY to skadi just for the fun of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by CooLnDRE View Post
    yo

you also need to see that fucking DM9 Grand Finals MYM vs Mouz game, mouz.kurorky(BroodMother) was fucking dominating slahsher mid game and mouz had like 10 kills and MYM had 1, and Brood was so farmed up, but as all that was going on Terrorblade was just happily farming in his jungle, you have to see this epic game.

http://www.dota-allstars.com/replay/52879/index.html

90 min of epicness, boringness, and the dream builds most of the carry heroes
    yeah, saw this game this morning and that terror just turned the whole game around by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by N!Jr View Post
    Eh Drayich moved to mouz? wow I didn't know that.

On topic, I usually jungle with TB and go for 4 wraiths to Radiance which afterwards, I'll go for Skadi. In lane, almost the same build but sometimes I do go for SnY to skadi just for the fun of it :P
    He's been there for a while

lol I haven't been updated with the pro dota scene for a REALLY long time now :P

Quote Originally Posted by N!Jr View Post
    lol I haven't been updated with the pro dota scene for a REALLY long time now :P
    well look no further then, our friend GeneralCash is on his way to becoming a solid IHCS player, from there, he'll work his way into Big leagues, and then we'll look down at his success rate at dota, and we'll be like " Oh yeah, generalcash, that dude in wcr with his professional comments and his superb critiques"

And then we'll smile and just walk away

severely off topic: nah, i have no intention of ever joining ihcs. i'm not saying that out of bitterness cuz i applied and got turned down or something, i could get into ihcs 2 pretty easily (i know a lot of players whose vote counts for something in the community and getting vouched is all about knowing ppl who know ppl it seems, besides ihcs is crawling with bad croatian players who cares about 1 more?) if i wanted to. i just don't want to play "serious dota" because it takes time and effort and i'm far too old to take a pc game seriously no matter how fun or addictive it is. i went trough that "serious gaming" shit with sc when i was younger and it got me nothing but total destruction of my social life from sitting at my comp for 10 h daily and a pair of busted kidneys from getting drugged up as fuck... long story short, if i wanted to play seriously i would install that iccup server thingy or just kill myself, but definitely not join ihcs 2.

still completely off topic: no offense to dota pros but i just can't take this game seriously enough to devote so much effort. besides, soloing alchie and owning up a croatian-only in-house is just so much more fun than ward bitching for some 12 yo kid who thinks he is good at dota (or at life) cuz he can get a high cs with sf. i played some serious games at eswc and eedc but that was only cuz the guys i played with are really cool dudes and it was more about socializing (sad, i know) than gaming.

slightly less off topic: drayich in mouz is seriously old news. levent playing for them is kinda surprising for me. i knew he was going to join mouz but didn't think he would play in dm.

back on toppic: why is everyone so confused about building tb? he's such a simple hero item-wise. s&y is core. treads for early ganking/defending, bot for standard play with a lot of pushing and farming. skadi against aoe, bfly against dps. crystalis next and the rest is saved for buyback. if swimming in cash, get buriza and bfly or skadi (the one you didn't get before obviously).

off topic again: can't wait to come home from holidays (yea, i'm a no-lifer) so i can watch this. i'm at my cousin's house, taking a break from my drinking spree (i went much too far yesterday) and can't sleep. gonna keep getting drunk for 2-3 more days, then i come home for some dotaz.

700 Point Level Thunder_Warrior's Avatar

Dre is retarded! :0

i always go

3 wraith
    power treads
    s&y
    radi/skadi

im more the fan of skadi now cuz the slow ones so much comined with maim. though radi is good for the woods.

Radi that late in the game is stupid, it just doesn't justify itself if you start farming it so late since it is either gotten as core or dropped all together. You will want to farm more after getting Radi, but that ain't what you should be doing at this point in the game. Skadi or Bfly are by far the best items to get after SnY if you use this build as DRE already said. Travels can be gotten instead of Treads especially after the MS nerf since Illusions don't receive the IAS and the DPS increase isn't that huge. This however is pretty much preference or gameflow dependent.
    [23:29:06] <Ralael> learn to play as a team before you play in garena

i agree on radi, better start with it in 1st glance to farm more.

s&y skadi butter is perfect. but anyways terror is imo not a good hero for early/mid game. just in the end after u spent 40 min in woods he is nearly unbeatable. as i dont play -em, so i dont like him that much.

Quote Originally Posted by AhhWhatever View Post
    Radi that late in the game is stupid, it just doesn't justify itself if you start farming it so late since it is either gotten as core or dropped all together. You will want to farm more after getting Radi, but that ain't what you should be doing at this point in the game. Skadi or Bfly are by far the best items to get after SnY if you use this build as DRE already said. Travels can be gotten instead of Treads especially after the MS nerf since Illusions don't receive the IAS and the DPS increase isn't that huge. This however is pretty much preference or gameflow dependent.
    actually, rad after s&y is pretty viable if you know what you're doing. what's really stupid is old school 3 circlets/branches -> radi -> boots tardness now that s&y is so godly on him. radiance after is great vs pushing strats. nothing destroys those aoe ulti strats more than radiance images rushing into all 5 of them while they camp outside your base (even more now that radi > dagger). you will get those 5500 gold about 10 min after you complete s&y which will still make it reasonably fast. against things like tide, nigma, kotl, pugna, chen, beast and shit radi is sick because they can destroy you with aoe disables and/or or just outpush you. radiance solves all of those problems: fucks up dagger, punishes camping and pushes multiple lanes faster than any other item on tb. how many times have i seen a tb farm a fast s&y, do well in ganks but then getting constantly killed by some combination of mass aoe stun/slow ultis and multiple side pushes with spammable non-ultimate aoe... and why? cuz the tard playing him got bfly or buriza instead of the good old radiance.

Lothar and dagon owns everything. Creep till you get red health, use lothar to gank a moron, use ulti( yeah i forgot what thats called) the dagon that dumbass. gg

ulti is called sunder -_-

nononoonnoono, it's treads -> lothar -> guinsoo. no dagon. meta -> lothar -> sunder -> hex -> kill. you do much more than 300 dmg during 3.5 sec hex with 1 image and meta and you're also more useful in fights. dagon is shit, even when dicking around, cuz you don't have mana for it and you're useless in team fights.

Radiance can be OK if you farm it VERY quickly after SnY.

Excessive camping already punishes the team because you are just dicking around in the middle of nowhere doing nothing waiting for the other team to initiate on their ass, a Radiance sparkling in their face doesn't do much more than a Skadi or BFly could do (although they are more expensive) in terms of annoyance and distraction - it will get ignore or focused regardless.

Also it doesn't really add much DPS or utility in any other way than potentially canceling dagger. BFly adds MUCH more pure DPS and Skadi adds much more survivability and utility with the constant slow that stacks with SnY also adding a bit of DPS. For AoE lineups a Skadi might just add enough survivability to survive the initially onslaught and Sunder their carry pretty much securing a win if your team wasn't stupid enough to get fully caught up in it.

But one thing is sure - Radiance is godly for countering incoming small pushes. You can just pop an illusion and let it take care of the push, this however needs a BoT or at least a Scroll to be most effective with multi lane pushing. Then again, if your team is getting kicked around that much that you need to hold all the lanes chances are that you will not get to your Radiance or will lose regardless because the opponents have total control over the map.

So to sum it up, yes, Radiance can be viable in specific scenarios, but it is in no way optimal since it encourages to continue farming and you shouldn't really be farming after 10k+ gold of items, should you? It can work as core much better than SnY does, but you sacrifice any sort of mid game potential for a faster farm and push / dagger countering, however, the strong midgame of TB is what makes him so powerful right now with the new SnY, so you have to think twice if it's worth it. Well if you have a relic at 15 - 18 mins, then there is nothing to think about, but how often does that happen?
    [23:29:06] <Ralael> learn to play as a team before you play in garena

Quote Originally Posted by AhhWhatever View Post
    So to sum it up, yes, Radiance can be viable in specific scenarios, but it is in no way optimal since it encourages to continue farming and you shouldn't really be farming after 10k+ gold of items, should you?
    ya, you should when you're up against 5 pushers. which is the situation for radi on tb, like i said. yes, it's situational, i already said that. but then, everything is situational, just that some situations occur more often.

i mean, what are you going to do other than farm? push against mass aoe and initiating spells? gank while sumons bang on your rax? farm up s&y, farm up radi, run images into them and they will be initiating with 50% and without dagger. it makes them food. if you get skadi or bfly your images will have to actually hit someone who will run circles around his team and creeps, while the rest spam spells (with arcane if it's a push strat)... gl with that. not to mention loosing yout outer tower will gimp your neutral farming and you need your income. in the end your radi will pay for itself with all the creeps your sparkles got while you were in your base and you will get your skadi at about the same time you would if you went just bot->skadi.

why did TB die so many times in that MYM game? Make shift townportal?

Post New Reply

Thread Information