Okay, my computer is making me absolutely crazy. Earlier today, my computer was on, screen saver was up, but it wouldn't "wake up" when I moved the mouse/pressed keys so I turned it off manually (power button). When I turned it back on, I noticed that my in-board speakers (Lenovo T500 laptop) wouldn't work.

I went to control panel, and it said "no audio device." I tried to reinstall the drivers from the Lenovo website, but during installation I get that message that "the media device for this driver was not found."

FUUUU----

Okay, next thing I try is to update my BIOS and check for new windows updates. There is a BIOS update available (I don't think that will affect my sound card problem, because I can still hear system sounds), but when I try to restart to complete the install, my computer freezes at the "windows is shutting down" screen for like an hour. I manually power off again, and try to get a clean boot. Again, my comp freezes at the windows is shutting down screen.

I installed the Microsoft Hive Manager to help with shutdown issues, but it didn't help. At this point, I'm ready to roof test this laptop. WCR computer gods, please help.

Again, Lenovo T500 Notebook, XP Pro, Service Pack 3.