Post New Thread

Thread: Do you guys never finish games sometimes?

Do you guys never finish games sometimes?

I think I happen to be on a streak of around 5-6 games where I haven't completed them on purpose. I find I have to really be in the right mood to play an entire game. I tend to play early game for a bit, get bored, alt qq and then search again.

anyone else like this?

No your completely unique. I Kid.
    Sometimes I get bored but I don't quit and end up losing most the time. I rarely qq but sometimes when playing against undead (as hu) and it turns into some boring macro game I just qq because I know its going to last another 20 minutes at the least and I'll probably lose anyways.
    I get where you get that depressed kind of playing streak from as well, sometimes I just lose motivation for warcraft after doing the same things forever. I can't wait for SC2.

400 Point Level

Hmm an average game takes like 16 minutes, i dont get bored that fast oO. Well, if it appears to be a mass expo/mass towers 48 hours long game vs hum i might quit, but rarely.

I sometimes alt-qq if I do a mistake that I shouldn't do, like lose my aow to creeps (tho I usually fight on).

Director Emeritus
    Hearthstone Fanatic

Very rarely, but yes - not on a serious account, though.

"This is why the world often does not take gaming seriously; this is why gamers are assumed to be immature, whiny assholes - because the immature, whiny assholes are louder." -- Dan Amrich

1500 Point Level
    SC2 Knowledge Beast
    I didn't know your house was this nice Occupation: Emperor

I find the early game the most boring part of the game. So when I finished a game it's the going through another early game what keeps me from searching again...

1500 Point Level LowKeyLyesmith's Avatar

Sometimes I do something really stupid and quit but usually I play the game until I`m done 4 sure or the other guy leaves.

75 Point Level

Yeah Hu on Lost Temple
    And vs Mass towers.

If Im pissed I'll leave quickly.. only making me more pissed in the end :P.
    Losing main creep to a creepjack, losing 2 wisps, losing AoWar, having boots to late ect.

Normally I'll stay till the very end though, probably longer then an average player would do.
    Lag can cause me to leave before the 2nd minute mark though, even in BNets.

And I've wireless, so my average game length is like 6 minutes :P

I love the early game, but after it I mess things like macro up... I make sometimes big mistakes, I notice my unit control is actually pretty good, I love to control units, only surrounding with four units is just a bit too much...
    That is why I give up after I messed up my macro... that is why I prefer an attack on my base, just because I have more fun
    Orc is the best to fight against as undead... seriously you just wait and mostly they just attack your base.
    I have some troubles with baseplacements though... but if I upgrade a tower in my base they are just dead meat.

I hate lategame... I never expo very well and I suck at controlling big armies cause my units fall too fast too micro them away.
    That is why I used orc back those days... but a surround with grunts just suck
    And I love to play the unimbarace... and beat the OP blademaster to tidbits with a bit of unit control
    Undead's base is easiest to macro... u don't have to use shift thingies but your buildings build automatically... ur ghauls are handy in a fight.... and peons in burrows is hard to do, too much buttons for me haha

I guess I finish always a game... but never win a game after 10 minutes unless he is supernoob of if I am doing teamladder, but teamladder is so boring cause my ally has no unit control and I can't go to fight on my own, what just plain sucks.

Dota is too easy, but your unit control except surrounding work very good, u know how to place units etc. etc.
    u are just not good at big numbers.
    BTW I can't control more than 12 units cause if I do I have to use control groups and I don't like to play with control groups cause I never learned to do in any strategy game wait... red alert 2, I used it there for chronolegionerre to pick up the crates... lol that were funny days... massing tanks and using dogs as cannon fodder, u needed a bit unit control but still the difference between people was just plain strategy and a bit unit control, controlling the doggies to scout and counter haha.
    oh yeah... u needed allot of mapknowledge...
    I don't have any mapknowledge in warcraft 3, I don't think I need any... I just will build so the blademaster can't kill my units, I don't care if it costs me time, I hate to learn boring stuff like mapplacement lol

Post New Reply

Thread Information