Post New Thread

Thread: Replay critique vs undead

Threaded View

Replay critique vs undead

hey, although from the replay i probaly look pretty shit, the guy im vsing use to be rank 1 solo not long ago on west.

It seemed impossible to get my expansion up, was there anything i should've done or was even going for a t2 expo a better idea?
    Attached Files

2000 Point Level

When you see an undead player get fiends that early, it means he's going to always coil your archmage to keep him weak. If you know this, then don't let him tank for you when you're creeping that expansion.

Overall, I think you just got outplayed, plain and simple. It didn't look to me like you made MAJOR mistakes, however he picked off so many units that when he pushed with the naga at the end there there was nothing you could do about it. I'd say next time try creeping in more obscure places because you lost a LOT due to him creep jacking you, which I think was a major influence this game.

Do you suggest going mk or pally first and maybe creeping the 3 gnolls instead to be safer? i thought about doing that during the load screen except the last time i did it i got garged and it wasnt pretty

Other than that i think the major problem here is with the fast building, i cant really scout which puts me at a great disadvantage for whether to learn defend early or not. With that build, is it better to send a scout anyway? and if it is, when?

2000 Point Level

Going mk is always a matter of personal preference. Go ahead and try it one time and see if you like it. It's still possible to creep that goblin lab even without water elementals, you just have to be extra careful. In this particular game, it seems that mk would have been a better choice because mk is almost always a better hero than am against fiends. As for scouting, even if you send an early scout, it'll probably be too early to tell if he's going to get fiends because usually the graveyard goes up right when they tech (correct me if I'm wrong here but that's just a common trend I'm noticing). So again, it's up to you in terms of personal preference and hopefully you'll get lucky. Remember, vs fiends you want mk, vs ghouls you want am. I would still scout with the peasant who finishes the altar just in case to make sure the ud isn't doing any whacky shit, but on tm that's also a matter of personal preference (some people absolutely can't stand scouting if they're power building, I'm included).

Post New Reply

Thread Information