Post New Thread

Thread: wc3 bnet vs sc2 bnet

75 Point Level

wc3 bnet vs sc2 bnet

why is so damn laggy for wc3 compared to sc2?

Simple explanation: each game has a built-in delay, WC3 uses a standard 250ms delay and SC2 uses 125ms delay. It's due to sync problems (aka spikes). The more delay you have the less spikes you have, the less delay the more spikes. In WC3 CG's most of the time the host will use third-party hacks (VCK, hostbot, etc) to change the delay from 250ms to something much lower (usually 80 or 100) and LAN programs tend to just leave it at the default of 100ms delay for LAN games.

I was really, _really_, hoping with the new WC3 patch blizzard would address this in WC3 since they already did in SC2. But, who knows :/

Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye

It could be the location and quality of the servers.

It could be that sc has less data that needs to be sent over the internet that doesn't have to roll dice for each attack as every same attack does the same amount of damage - armor while in wc3 every attack has a pseudo random value with most likely attack value being in the middle of its possible range.

I don't really know for sure about the top two statements, but I do know that warcraft 3 battle.net has a built in latency of 150 while battle.net 2.0 has a latency of 125 (at least it was that way in beta, may be different now).

edit: apparently it is 250 not 150

Post New Reply

Thread Information