Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

Blood and Sand first.

ok, I finally found the time to watch this. What did I think of it? Well, it was pretty much "more of the same" as Blood and Sand. That's good on one hand because the elements which made me like the show were still present, and bad on the other, because events were rather predictable.

I think it's rather hilarious that this time, they aren't even pretending to have any sort of serious story/theme (as was in B&S), and each episode is basically 40 minutes of sex/fighting/slo-mo, whereas only 10 is meaningful dialogue that advances the story. If before the show was a "guilty pleasure", Gods of the Arena is just "guilty". Man, I can't even imagine how they persuaded the actors to participate in some of the stuff that was going on xDD :P (Batiatus sucking on Gaia's tit in ep3 wins the prize hands down)

Anyway, for me the centerpiece of GotA was Jaime Murray (Gaia). I just love her sly mean kinky look. She's one mad bitch, which I was sad to see go in such manner, and which I'd like to see more of. So that's why I'll be watching Dexter next, cuz she's playing there. mmm

Post New Reply

Thread Information