Post New Thread

Thread: Help with job interviews/applications

Help with job interviews/applications

So im currently in my final year of commerce (accounting/finance major) and am applying at many firms for internships, graduate programs and jobs in general.

I've applied at alot of places and havnt got any replies as of yet, and im guessing it must be because of my answers to some of their questions as my grades arent TOO terrible (credit average).

I need some general advice on answering some of their questions which are like "provide an example of where you applied something important that you learnt in a difficult situation to make a better out come"

Generally these questions give me a lotta trouble as i dont have too much work experience in regards to finance/accounting. Previously worked at all hospitality (kfc, resturants, etc etc) How do you guys approach these questions ? not this one specifically but questions similar to this.

Others examples include show examples of when you demonstrated leadership skills and what was the situation/outcome of your actions.

I'm not looking for strict answers to these questions but more the general approach of what their looking for. Also, how should i be if i do get a phone/face to face interview as i get quiet nervous and generally just listen to what they say, try ask a few questions and agree to wat they are saying. is this the right approach ?

what school you go to?

Email them about it 2 weeks after you've given them an interview, etc.

Just make shit up and blow things way out of proportion to make you sound good. Like I was the 'leader' of our senior project group, which really meant nothing it was a group of me and my friends. But in an interview I was a leader and planned everything out and brought out the best in my team members to get the project done in time!

Post New Reply

Thread Information