WCReplays.com Community Forums
 

Go Back   WCReplays.com Community Forums > Other Games > DotA/LoL/HoN and DotA 2 Discussions

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-17-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
xV.Pa[N]da
400 Point Level
 
xV.Pa[N]da's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 493
Default Top 10 most used dota heroes.

Only looking for cw heroes. Need to learn more cw options so I thought I'd get a list of the more commonly used heroes. Ty dota pros. RFoH feel free to paTROLL around.
xV.Pa[N]da is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 02:43 AM   #2
KentaK
1000 Point Level
 
KentaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default

Clockwerk, Morphling, Shadow Fiend, Earthshaker, Windrunner, Venge, CM, AA, Visage, Invoker

Something like that mb

but Nerubian weaver, Pugna, Lion, Witch Doctor, Enigma, Bat rider, Medusa, Venomancer, Tide, Doom, Puck, Furion, Syllabear, PotM, Storm Spirit, Lich see quite a bit of play as well

and then there are heroes that are used on occassion like Spectre, Enchantress, Dark Seer, Necrolyte, QoP, OD, Razor, Chen.


You can use almost all heroes in one way or another in cw.
__________________
Quote:
LoL is quite hard in the beginning .. You know like, tieing your shoe laces ... and crossing the road -James 2GD Harding
KentaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:05 AM   #3
Wuffle_Pie
400 Point Level
 
Wuffle_Pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada.
Posts: 455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentaK View Post
Clockwerk, Morphling, Shadow Fiend, Earthshaker, Windrunner, Venge, CM, AA, Visage, Invoker

Something like that mb

but Nerubian weaver, Pugna, Lion, Witch Doctor, Enigma, Bat rider, Medusa, Venomancer, Tide, Doom, Puck, Furion, Syllabear, PotM, Storm Spirit, Lich see quite a bit of play as well

and then there are heroes that are used on occassion like Spectre, Enchantress, Dark Seer, Necrolyte, QoP, OD, Razor, Chen.


You can use almost all heroes in one way or another in cw.
the bolded heroes belong to top10 this version
Wuffle_Pie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
KentaK
1000 Point Level
 
KentaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default

Nah, maybe NW.. really dont believe in the Lich hype yet and the other two pugna/bat are okay enough to see frequent play but aren't the top picks like the 10 heroes I mentioned first.
__________________
Quote:
LoL is quite hard in the beginning .. You know like, tieing your shoe laces ... and crossing the road -James 2GD Harding
KentaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 05:28 AM   #5
DhEatsYouAlive
600 Point Level
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: c
Posts: 670
Default

i just checked gosugamers latest 6 replays that included drafting and lich was firstbanned 3 times, firstpicked 2 times and 2nd round picked once (these games were 71b hes not that good in 72 but still firstpick material)

edit: 7 next: 5 firstbans, 1 firstpick, 1 2nd pick
DhEatsYouAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 05:42 AM   #6
GeneralCash
1000 Point Level
 
GeneralCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,039
Default

ya, lich is definitely brutal. he was just slightly weaker than standard stuff (wd, lion, venge etc.) but after the buff he's definitely better. you get a good support/ganker with a great aoe ulti. what's there not to like?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishak View Post
I'm like the Wonderbra of DotA my support is so strong it makes anyone look sexy
GeneralCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:06 AM   #7
LowKeyLyesmith
1500 Point Level
 
LowKeyLyesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,682
Default

Lich is just too versatile to not first pick. Tell me another hero that you can put against a farming trilane and considerably slow it down, a long lane solo or even midlane and destroy it and is also a great support in a trilane.

On top of that you get frost armor wich leaves you the option of a level 1 Roshan, mitigates a lot of damage of melee stuff like Syllabear and even ranged right clickers and totally destroys any attempt to tower dive with his ult and a tp scroll and he does require little farm.

Btw. Wuffle forgot Invoker. Such a ridiculous hero that didn`t get nerfed enough.

SF has kinda fallen out of favor in the pro scene lately since there`s way too many heroes that outlane him.

Edit: Same for Morphling. The nerf is nothing to write home about and doesn`t address in the slightes why he is so good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by aime View Post
I have a serious question:

This might be a little rude, but do you have a mental disability ex0 of some sort?
LowKeyLyesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
Wuffle_Pie
400 Point Level
 
Wuffle_Pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada.
Posts: 455
Default

eh? horse mentioned invoker in top10, i know hes imba!
Wuffle_Pie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
KentaK
1000 Point Level
 
KentaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKeyLyesmith View Post
Lich is just too versatile to not first pick. Tell me another hero that you can put against a farming trilane and considerably slow it down, a long lane solo or even midlane and destroy it and is also a great support in a trilane.

On top of that you get frost armor wich leaves you the option of a level 1 Roshan, mitigates a lot of damage of melee stuff like Syllabear and even ranged right clickers and totally destroys any attempt to tower dive with his ult and a tp scroll and he does require little farm.

Btw. Wuffle forgot Invoker. Such a ridiculous hero that didn`t get nerfed enough.

SF has kinda fallen out of favor in the pro scene lately since there`s way too many heroes that outlane him.

Edit: Same for Morphling. The nerf is nothing to write home about and doesn`t address in the slightes why he is so good.

Lich doesn't slow shit down at all he just makes it easier for trilanes or solo brood to push towers, sure he can rape weak solos like SF but why would you want to solo a Lich?

I would much rather have Lion solo since his skills are actually good. Lich has what, always mana +1 deny spell, a target slow+dmg, frost armor and an unreliable ultimate while Lion has Dmg+stun, great disable, always mana and a reliable ultimate. As for trilanes he's pretty good but still a Maiden is better imo with global mana instead of selfish Lish with own mana spell, disable+dmg, dmg+slow, unreliable ult. And a Venge is better because his skills scale to make him viable mid-lategame as well.

Guess I'm only one with this opinion and you people just blindly follow what the teams on Gosugamers pick/ban. Granted I haven't watched any replays at all lately so I'm not sure how he's played exactly but I have some idea and I still think other options are better.
__________________
Quote:
LoL is quite hard in the beginning .. You know like, tieing your shoe laces ... and crossing the road -James 2GD Harding
KentaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
DhEatsYouAlive
600 Point Level
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: c
Posts: 670
Default

i dont rly watch replays either just check the picks/bans

thing is, lich destroys every hero 1v1 sidelane, lich will be lvl9 when enemy is hitting lvl7 and only way to get farm is to abuse fog (theres no hope going on lane you just get novaed instantly) if lich puts ward on fog you are screwed. lich should average 40-50cs in 10mins with some ranged heroes you can hope to get 20 against him

midlane is a bit more even, but still there arent many heroes that can hope to outfarm him when dark ritual keeps creeps on your side of the river

best thing about lich is you can firstpick him and it doesnt give out anything about your strategy, you have strong support/solo with teamfight/ganking/support potential only thing he really lacks is disable

only situation where it can be uncomfortable to play lich is 1v3 but still its 20+ less cs for their carry in 10minutes and it doesnt really matter if they push your tower in 3minutes, they would do it against most heroes anyway

nova after buff is really good. 2 lvl4 novas are enough to kill supports earlygame
frost armor makes things really hard to kill early-mid, especially if you are relying on any melee to do damage
chain frost coupled with puck/tide/ds and such is reliable, but usually you wont need even those it will bounce enough to make effect

you are right about lich not being that good after the laning phase, but he gimps enemy heroes so much in the first 15mins it evens out
DhEatsYouAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #11
KentaK
1000 Point Level
 
KentaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhEatsYouAlive View Post
i dont rly watch replays either just check the picks/bans

thing is, lich destroys every hero 1v1 sidelane, lich will be lvl9 when enemy is hitting lvl7 and only way to get farm is to abuse fog (theres no hope going on lane you just get novaed instantly) if lich puts ward on fog you are screwed. lich should average 40-50cs in 10mins with some ranged heroes you can hope to get 20 against him

midlane is a bit more even, but still there arent many heroes that can hope to outfarm him when dark ritual keeps creeps on your side of the river

best thing about lich is you can firstpick him and it doesnt give out anything about your strategy, you have strong support/solo with teamfight/ganking/support potential only thing he really lacks is disable

only situation where it can be uncomfortable to play lich is 1v3 but still its 20+ less cs for their carry in 10minutes and it doesnt really matter if they push your tower in 3minutes, they would do it against most heroes anyway

nova after buff is really good. 2 lvl4 novas are enough to kill supports earlygame
frost armor makes things really hard to kill early-mid, especially if you are relying on any melee to do damage
chain frost coupled with puck/tide/ds and such is reliable, but usually you wont need even those it will bounce enough to make effect

you are right about lich not being that good after the laning phase, but he gimps enemy heroes so much in the first 15mins it evens out

Get full inhouse going and I challenge you to a 1v1 Brood vs Lich sidelane!!! what can lich do deny creep allowing brood to solo push faster? get frost armor? (n.i.g.g.a plz) I'm free this weekend might play sum. The DDT would also Brood + Tinker combo would destroy lich as well I reckon, he doesn't cripple much you can afford to miss out on a lasthit every 45 second or whatever it is as you'll get all the other creeps without any harass from Lich with brood biting your ass all the time allowing Tinker to free farm + early tower since there's nothing lich can do, nova isn't good enough to spam away creeps.

I just feel there's to many of these combos that would utterly destroy lich and his "early" game crippling won't be useful at all making him a retarded hero to have in any lineup. Windrunner/Nerubian Weaver/Puck/PotM/Brood all better 1v1 sidelaners what I'm saying is you'll need escape mechanism.

I think Lich is better mid cause he can shut many heroes down there but still I don't want levels on Lich.

He's also alright in a farming trilane with Void I feel like that's the best use of Lich as he can use that deny to keep creeps near their own tower as well as it has good synergy with Void throughout the game with chronosphere + chain frost.
__________________
Quote:
LoL is quite hard in the beginning .. You know like, tieing your shoe laces ... and crossing the road -James 2GD Harding
KentaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
Shishak
Director Emeritus
Phasma in machina
 
Shishak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 1,114
Default

Lich is one of the most dominant heroes of the came at the moment. The point of Lich is not to farm necessarily, but to deny farm, leech xp and control the lane. With autodeny he'll also hit 6 before the other solo mid. In a side lane vs. 2 or 3 heroes it's even worse. He'll be 6, their carry will be 4 and the supports 3. He's like an Enigma that needs even less farm to be effective.

What's the game I think it was Vigoss goes bot lane Scourge solo lich with boots and a salve, two minutes in and the wave is just in front of his tower. It stays there, and he outfarms WR/ES iirc. I'll look for the replay.


DDT haven't even done Tinker/Brood in a while, have they?
__________________
irc.quakenet.org #wcreplays || v45.darkstarllc.com 4698
Shishak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #13
KentaK
1000 Point Level
 
KentaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishak View Post
Lich is one of the most dominant heroes of the came at the moment. The point of Lich is not to farm necessarily, but to deny farm, leech xp and control the lane. With autodeny he'll also hit 6 before the other solo mid. In a side lane vs. 2 or 3 heroes it's even worse. He'll be 6, their carry will be 4 and the supports 3. He's like an Enigma that needs even less farm to be effective.

What's the game I think it was Vigoss goes bot lane Scourge solo lich with boots and a salve, two minutes in and the wave is just in front of his tower. It stays there, and he outfarms WR/ES iirc. I'll look for the replay.


DDT haven't even done Tinker/Brood in a while, have they?
DDT don't even exist anymore but it was just an example of what would destroy lich. It's fucking terrible to lose early towers not many heroes can do shit about it but Lich is even worse as he helps them get it faster.

I didn't say the point of Lich was to farm and I don't think he's good at denying farm, leeching xp etc.

for solo mid as you mentioned if nothing special happens in lane he'll reach lvl 6 before sure but just 1 gank on weaksauce lich and his "super imba early game crippling skeelz" as you guys say he have are gone.

Someone like Viper would fuck him up since he doesn't have to rely on getting a kill at lvl 6 but can do it at lvl 5 and Viper with lvls is better than Lich with lvls.

Whatever I'll watch some reps when I have free time of this Lich play and I can prolly point out 10x mistakes the other team does if Lich totally ownz some 1v3 1v2 or 1v1.
__________________
Quote:
LoL is quite hard in the beginning .. You know like, tieing your shoe laces ... and crossing the road -James 2GD Harding
KentaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #14
Shishak
Director Emeritus
Phasma in machina
 
Shishak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentaK View Post
DDT don't even exist anymore but it was just an example of what would destroy lich. It's fucking terrible to lose early towers not many heroes can do shit about it but Lich is even worse as he helps them get it faster.

I didn't say the point of Lich was to farm and I don't think he's good at denying farm, leeching xp etc.

for solo mid as you mentioned if nothing special happens in lane he'll reach lvl 6 before sure but just 1 gank on weaksauce lich and his "super imba early game crippling skeelz" as you guys say he have are gone.

Someone like Viper would fuck him up since he doesn't have to rely on getting a kill at lvl 6 but can do it at lvl 5 and Viper with lvls is better than Lich with lvls.

Whatever I'll watch some reps when I have free time of this Lich play and I can prolly point out 10x mistakes the other team does if Lich totally ownz some 1v3 1v2 or 1v1.
Viper is one of the worst heroes in the game at the moment. He offers nothing to teamfights and as a carry hero he's far outclassed by several others.
__________________
irc.quakenet.org #wcreplays || v45.darkstarllc.com 4698
Shishak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #15
KentaK
1000 Point Level
 
KentaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishak View Post
Viper is one of the worst heroes in the game at the moment. He offers nothing to teamfights and as a carry hero he's far outclassed by several others.
You people are stuck in wrong mindset come to superseahorse land where every hero is magical and they poop out rainbows.


Viper is one tankymctank dpser who's getting pipe 90% of games and that new bonus speed atk speed item also good on him as well as medalljong for team whilst slowing 2 heroes at once for a long duration and has free damegs when someone is low health whut.

Stop think like competetive player and think like smart player! Only one I see pick viper is ArtStyle cuz he is smart and handsome capitan of best non china team what the derp makes him bad hero?

Also I did not say he was main carry he work like tank semi carry and much better getting lvls on that than on nub support lish.
__________________
Quote:
LoL is quite hard in the beginning .. You know like, tieing your shoe laces ... and crossing the road -James 2GD Harding
KentaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #16
zedman1991
800 Point Level
 
zedman1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 844
Default

i think i agree w/ horse in that lich is strong but is not actually imba he's just new enough (hasn't been a top pick in ages and ages) that with newer metagame beating him in a lane hasn't been practiced enough yet. Visage got nerfed but even without that he was much stronger for a while than he was in .71 when the kind of positioning and lanes hadn't been 100% figured out yet. Same thing with weaver imo, yea weaver still strong but i remember how much of a bitch it was to play against at first and now its much easier, and weaver hasn't been meganerfed or anything.
__________________
Usually known as Triggerdog. ACTUALLY USUALLY KNOWN AS DOG

"In the meantime, Duiker, let us fashion an epic to crush the hearts of a thousand generations..."
-Steven Erikson
zedman1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 03:08 AM   #17
DhEatsYouAlive
600 Point Level
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: c
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentaK View Post
Whatever I'll watch some reps when I have free time of this Lich play and I can prolly point out 10x mistakes the other team does if Lich totally ownz some 1v3 1v2 or 1v1.
dont. just go play him
DhEatsYouAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:06 AM   #18
xan
2000 Point Level
 
xan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: System error
Posts: 3,117
Send a message via MSN to xan
Default

Not even funny how much lich would outlevel mother in 1v1
__________________

We are here for a good time, not a long time.
xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:17 AM   #19
KentaK
1000 Point Level
 
KentaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xan View Post
Not even funny how much lich would outlevel mother in 1v1
As I said play me 1v1 this weekend I'm finally free from work for 3 days fri, sat, sun.
__________________
Quote:
LoL is quite hard in the beginning .. You know like, tieing your shoe laces ... and crossing the road -James 2GD Harding
KentaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #20
GeneralCash
1000 Point Level
 
GeneralCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentaK View Post
You people are stuck in wrong mindset come to superseahorse land where every hero is magical and they poop out rainbows.


Viper is one tankymctank dpser who's getting pipe 90% of games and that new bonus speed atk speed item also good on him as well as medalljong for team whilst slowing 2 heroes at once for a long duration and has free damegs when someone is low health whut.

Stop think like competetive player and think like smart player! Only one I see pick viper is ArtStyle cuz he is smart and handsome capitan of best non china team what the derp makes him bad hero?

Also I did not say he was main carry he work like tank semi carry and much better getting lvls on that than on nub support lish.
have you tried playing viper lately? he got nerfed to shit. he can't outrun pudge, how the fuck is he gonna rune control and harass vs all the ultra-fast solos like storm, sf, pugna etc.?

seriously, the speed nerf was so uncalled for! he probably is in the bottom 5 atm.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishak View Post
I'm like the Wonderbra of DotA my support is so strong it makes anyone look sexy
GeneralCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.