Post New Thread

Thread: mad men s4

mad men s4

so i just recently watched the first four seasons of mad-men
    and holy crap

i tried searching for threads on this show already, and couldnt find one

who else has watched it? none of my friends have watched it so i figured i'd turn to WCR to talk to about it.

my thoughts on s4 ending
    Spoiler

i enjoyed it so much. im glad draper is happy for now, but i would have liked it better w/o the 2nd to final scene w/ betty. She has become one of my least favorite characters in any tv show, ever. she acts like a child and is constantly throwing temper tantrums. She's been told off a few times, and each time i couldnt have agreed more w/ the characters.

im wondering if the sexy joan had the abortion, or is going to pretend it's her hubbies

i like cooper's character a lot, he's a very stabilizing character and always provides great wisdom.

campbell has always bothered me, but he's porking annie, so i think im just jealous ^_- , but i think his semi loyalty (sometime forced) to don has given him some redeeming quality in my eyes

peggy is a so-so character in my eyes, every time don yells at her i think he really hits it on the head, but at the same time she has given quite a bit to the firm.

just holy cow! i was really happy it ended on such a positive note

i really enjoyed the 1st season, and felt like it dipped a lil in the 2nd/3rd seasons, but the 3rd season ended freaking awesome, and the 4th season was pretty decent i think

i'd love to hear/read other's people opinion on the show and characters!!

I took a seminar on this class last semester. Going into it, I had never watched a single episode and knew very little about it from the start. Saying this, that seminar was my most enjoyable class of the entire semester because of how we watched and dissected the episodes/characters/motifs etc.

Season 4 was the best of all of them, with the ending of there just "omg amazing". I genuinely felt giddy watching that episode. TBH though, with all the self-promoting that AMC does for the show - even despite the awards the show has won - I might have still missed this class if not for the seminar opening up.

Spoiler
    As far as what I felt happened within the conclusion of season 4...

I don't think Joan got the abortion. Other than that, it has been quite a while since I last watched them, but... I feel that the most scrutiny lies in what direction Draper is going to take his new "life" he has unwittingly rushed into no matter how "perfect" it is or might become.

I feel that in Season 5 we will see Draper fight hard to keep faithful to his new bride. As far as how hard? I think that he actually likes this girl more than he liked Betty, but naturally he is attracted to her because she is a natural mother and doesn't flip out like Betty does - like a bitch. She's new, she's fresh, and she's young and pretty; hopefully not just another conquest for Don to get bored of.

I coined a saying or term for Draper's behavior and actions... if anyone has heard about the show enough or seen more than an episode, Drape gets around. When confronted with my opinion of what I thought happened or was going to happen in an episode in class, I thought for a second about what the teacher might want to hear, or what I really believed. At least from what we've seen from Season 1-4, "Draper Gonna Drape."

I welcome his transformation as the series has progresses. Campbell and Trudy are quite hilarious representing the "younger" generation.

campbell drives me crazy, i wanna punch him in the face sometimes, but than for hte most part he keeps his mouth shut about don after telling coops

Post New Reply

Thread Information