Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contacts / Glasses

Contacts / Glasses

Does switching contacts and glasses hinder your eye vision?
    Periodically throughout the day, I'll go from contacts to glasses then revert back for running and working out then back to glasses for when I'm home.

i cant stand contacts so i wear glasses but i'm planning on getting laser eye surgery next year even though i'm scared shitless.

4 eyed geekz

I killed my first man at twelve. I've lost count of how many I've killed since then. High lords with old names, fat rich men dressed in velvet, knights puffed up like bladders with their honours, yes, and women and children too - they're all meat, and I'm the butcher.
    Spoiler
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

I would get *lasik eye surgery but the repercussions outweigh it lol. I want to keep my depth perception. So I'm sticking to glasses and contacts. Obviously contacts for when I'm in public and glasses when I'm not. But I feel like my vision will be messed up because I switch off and on so much. The prescriptions are not the same, I don't think they can even be the same but always a bit off. I see better in my glasses but my eyes get tired because of how strong the prescription is

The only thing you'd need to keep in mind is that your contacts will wear out a lot faster if you take them in and out several times a day. Besides that I don't believe you have much to worry about, but, I'd talk to your optometrist about it just in case.

Also, what worries you regarding your depth perception and lasik?

A negative thing of lasik eye surgery is depth perception worsening.

i dont think it should matter because glasses and contacts are prescribed differently... im not optometrist, but im sure you'll be fine.

Ye, and women are already at a depth perception deficit.

amirite ladz? amirite

I killed my first man at twelve. I've lost count of how many I've killed since then. High lords with old names, fat rich men dressed in velvet, knights puffed up like bladders with their honours, yes, and women and children too - they're all meat, and I'm the butcher.
    Spoiler
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony godís blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

I have contacts that I did some pretty extensive research on. Basically because of the amount of oxygen that is allowed through them I never have to take them out. I literally wear them for 1-2 months non-stop without any issues. My optometrist hasn't noticed any changes from the normal route so I'm pretty satisfied. Though if I were ever in a position where contacts wouldn't work (chemicals, dirt, being underwater, etc) I would just get lasik. Every gear the technology gets better and better so I don't mind putting it off until the whole blade part of the surgery gets done away with completely.

WCR members recieve 10% off! I tend to work with budgets, so if you have a rough idea on how much you want to spend I will work with you to get you the best deal and bang possible for your money. PM/IM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by aime View Post
    A negative thing of lasik eye surgery is depth perception worsening.
    Wow I had no idea. It's really bad?

Switching from one to the other is actually recommended. If you wear contacts during the day and glasses at night, it's healthier for your eyes.
    ‎"The world breaks everyone and afterward, many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break, it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."-Hemmingway

Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye

Quote Originally Posted by HyBReD View Post
    I have contacts that I did some pretty extensive research on. Basically because of the amount of oxygen that is allowed through them I never have to take them out. I literally wear them for 1-2 months non-stop without any issues. My optometrist hasn't noticed any changes from the normal route so I'm pretty satisfied. Though if I were ever in a position where contacts wouldn't work (chemicals, dirt, being underwater, etc) I would just get lasik. Every gear the technology gets better and better so I don't mind putting it off until the whole blade part of the surgery gets done away with completely.
    Do you mean you wear them 1-2 months without taking them out at night? I have ones that allow extra oxygen through because my doctor said I was blinking too much when I first got contacts. The other type helps your eyes retain moisture. If I leave them in over night, my eyes tend to dry out. Putting a little solution in my eye or using eye drops kind of solves, but it's nothing like going to sleep with my contacts out of my eye. My eyes will also feel somewhat dry if I wake up really early and go to sleep really late while wearing the contacts all day. I know some people that do leave them in over night though, but I don't see why. And yeah, you're supposed to change them out every month, but I've probably used this pair for close to a year and they're fine (they come with 12 lenses for each eye and you're supposed to order them every year, but that seems pretty wasteful to me and just a ploy to get you to buy way more than you need).

Anyways, I plan on getting lasik sometime. The risks don't seem to strong and I'm not too worried about depth perception. Plus, it would probably be cheaper than contacts or glasses if you get it in your early twenties and then don't need glasses until maybe when you need bi-focals. I also think it would be a little more comfortable and convenient, even though I really don't mind having to put in or wear contacts. The feeling doesn't bother me and I can take them out or put them in quickly without a mirror.

listen bro, peons looking like ashit so i picked the blademaster

Quote Originally Posted by TaysChreNN View Post
    Ye, and women are already at a depth perception deficit.

amirite ladz? amirite
    I don't get it. Explain please

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wo...pth+perception

No idea if it's valid, scientifically.

Spoiler

So long as both prescriptions are up to date you shouldn't have a problem. I had an issue with some swelling in my eye for awhile so my optometrist had me take out my contacts for an hour a couple of times a day and use my glasses instead.

Quote Originally Posted by night(stalker. View Post
    I don't get it. Explain please
    driving

i once tried having contacts but it literally took me like a hour to put them in every single time. i gave up after about two weeks. no idea how people do it.

but i think i look pretty good with my glasses so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by So.nic View Post
    whatever helps you sleep

Hmmmmm k. I'll just continue the switch off.
    Lasik eye surgery seems scary as well :3

50 Point Level

Quote Originally Posted by So.nic View Post
    i once tried having contacts but it literally took me like a hour to put them in every single time. i gave up after about two weeks. no idea how people do it.

It just takes practice, really. It's a bit fiddly to start with, but you eventually develop a method for insertion (ooooooh yeah). Also it's really important to have dust-free fingertips when you put them in, because any foreign objects will immediately irritate the eye. So the best time (but by no means the only time) to put them in is just after showering, if feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by aime View Post
    Hmmmmm k. I'll just continue the switch off.
    Lasik eye surgery seems scary as well :3
    Why do you switch during the day, wouldn't it be easier just get matching prescriptions and keep contacts in all day? After all the biggest drawback of contacts is the hassle of putting them in and taking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_F View Post

Why do you switch during the day, wouldn't it be easier just get matching prescriptions and keep contacts in all day? After all the biggest drawback of contacts is the hassle of putting them in and taking them out.

I switch during the day because I need contacts to work out and run (glasses get in the way). I work at an accounting firm so I stare at computers all day and glasses work better with computers for me. Contacts do not take a long time for me to put in, 1 minute tops.

Post New Reply

Thread Information