Post New Thread
Page 5 of 14
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 273

Thread: What do you want in the next patch (if there is a next patch =( )

  1. #81

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobs_Gone_Wild View Post
    No they dont. Piercing does 150% to unarmored, 200% to light armor. Gargs are unarmored same as dryads.
    Oh yeah gargs and hippos break the armor rule lol, sorry. The part about attack rate still applies though.
    ______________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by nelfandmeisimba
    Now tediously microing units with sophisticated mechanics is quite another thing, and is why I'll always enjoy WC3's micro emphasized game play more so than SC2's accountant like game play.

  2. #82
    600 Point Level justbritto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alice Springs, Australia
    Posts
    652

    ^Yeah. Their non-poison dps is weak.

    Like I said, 1/3 of dryad damage is poison, so for dryads it's more like 167% vs light armour and 133% vs unarmored. Also, unlike gargs, hawks are very tanky. With animal war training, they're like flying grunts. Getting close to double the hp of gargs. So they're actually about as good at fighting dryads as gargs, if not better. When you factor in all of the above, gargs still have slightly more ehp/food and slightly more dps/food than hawks when fighting dryads, and they have their stone form tricks... but there's no substitute for the hawks' pure tankiness when there's heroes around.
    Last edited by justbritto; 05-18-2012 at 01:28 PM.

  3. #83
    Out of here! Sacred Reich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    934

    I don't know what's worse, the amount of theorycraft leaking from certain people's posts or the fact that its this thread again.

  4. #84
    600 Point Level justbritto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alice Springs, Australia
    Posts
    652

    ^lol. Sorry. I can't help it. I am and always will be a staunch defender of pallies, alchemists, bloodmages, copters, hawks and footies, wherever they are denigrated or oppressed.
    Last edited by justbritto; 05-18-2012 at 02:44 PM.

  5. #85
    1500 Point Level 4Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,947

    hawks are terrible because elf will always have a panda which rapes the shit out of hawks regardless if they have better health or not than gargs, gargs can regenerate their health with their statue form.
    ______________________________
    When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you. ~Friedrich Nietzche

    .Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution. ~Theodosius Dobzhansky

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinthesis View Post
    This could mean the human genome is now back to 50% complete.
    lol

  6. #86
    800 Point Level The-Noobinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    821

    These threads always end up with people bitching on how their race sucks and how every other race should be nerfed.

  7. #87
    50 Point Level
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    69

    Tauren Chieftan shockwave should disorient enemies much like slam.

  8. #88
    50 Point Level
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    69

    Destroyers should have 200 less HP. being magic immune flying unit + healable by death coil is very OP.

  9. #89
    600 Point Level justbritto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alice Springs, Australia
    Posts
    652

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Fun View Post
    hawks are terrible because elf will always have a panda which rapes the shit out of hawks regardless if they have better health or not than gargs, gargs can regenerate their health with their statue form.
    This is a good point.

  10. #90
    700 Point Level Infernal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Stockholm!
    Posts
    762

    there are lots of good points here... yet you still insist hawks are good vs elf lolol

    show me ONE replay of a progamer going hawks on a tavern map vs elf and winning please!
    ______________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0duz
    I know i said i wouldn't respond since i know your game of drowning in walls of text and ignoring facts, so i'll keep this short and sweet so it's obvious for everyone to see and so that there's no confusion here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Myers
    After notice this terrible actor was choosen play Sabretooth choose the worst charac.

  11. #91
    600 Point Level justbritto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alice Springs, Australia
    Posts
    652

    Quote Originally Posted by Infernal View Post
    there are lots of good points here... yet you still insist hawks are good vs elf lolol

    show me ONE replay of a progamer going hawks on a tavern map vs elf and winning please!
    And winning? lol. No. I can't. I haven't seen one where the hu wins. It's hard. I never pretended otherwise. But for that matter, hu vs ne is always hard. Hawks are just the best of a bad bunch, imo.

  12. #92
    700 Point Level Infernal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Stockholm!
    Posts
    762

    so hawks are the best available option, yet there's not a single game of hawks winning. Wouldn't that mean HU would never win vs elf? im sorry but youre not making very much sense
    ______________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0duz
    I know i said i wouldn't respond since i know your game of drowning in walls of text and ignoring facts, so i'll keep this short and sweet so it's obvious for everyone to see and so that there's no confusion here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Myers
    After notice this terrible actor was choosen play Sabretooth choose the worst charac.

  13. #93
    Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye
    WhenPeonsAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,068

    Actually, I can think of a few games of hawks winning for sky on ei. Let me do a quick search:

    http://w3g.replays.net/doc/cn/2012-1...875076096.html

    http://w3g.replays.net/doc/cn/2011-1...568760771.html

    http://w3g.replays.net/doc/cn/2011-1...528817321.html

    and a loss vs moon:

    http://w3g.replays.net/doc/cn/2011-6...784771733.html

    and I'm sure there are other games, maybe even him winning vs remind/moon/soccer. But Una and Tu_Xie are both very good, don't know about box.

    But yeah, I'm pretty sure they are more reactionary units and probably not used at all the way Justbritto is describing them.
    ______________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Megoydagi View Post
    THIS IS FOR WHENPEONSATTACK

    listen bro, peons looking like ashit so i picked the blademaster

  14. #94
    Out of here! Sacred Reich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    934

    Even so, all these proposed changes and theory-crafting are for 1v1 solo. When are you guys going to realise that 1v1 is dead and won't ever be patched? The game is 100% balanced at 2v2 and tbh I can't think of any changes for UD with respect to 2v2 even though I'm a UD sympathizer.

  15. #95
    600 Point Level justbritto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alice Springs, Australia
    Posts
    652

    Quote Originally Posted by WhenPeonsAttack View Post
    Cheers wpa.

    I haven't watched the first 2 yet, cos I don't have evercraft/etc atm. But this game illustrates the power of hawks vs lore builds perfectly well. I'd say it's only opportunistic in the sense that hu had a strong early game. The ne is arguably outmatched, but it's still a good example. Don't forget the premise: hu needs equality of xp and gold, and appropriate heroes... which virtually requires outmatching the ne.
    Last edited by justbritto; 05-19-2012 at 02:58 PM.

  16. #96
    1000 Point Level
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,232

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Reich View Post
    Even so, all these proposed changes and theory-crafting are for 1v1 solo. When are you guys going to realise that 1v1 is dead and won't ever be patched? The game is 100% balanced at 2v2 and tbh I can't think of any changes for UD with respect to 2v2 even though I'm a UD sympathizer.

    Undead: "1v1 is broken and dead, 2v2 is completely balanced"

    kinda makes sense through an undead perspective
    ______________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Which of the hijackers wasn't Muslim?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavePlz View Post
    The ones in the CIA

  17. #97
    1500 Point Level Kiezel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,810

    Quote Originally Posted by vhapter View Post
    NE vs HU and OR vs UD are the only matchups that could be more balanced in my opinion (well, maybe NE vs UD too, but I don't know how strong NE is in this matchup)
    Undead dominates Nelf completely. By the SK statistics this matchup was the most imbalanced and even worse out of the 50% range then nelf dominated the orc in the dott time. For some reason however, people chose to ignore this and keep complaining about Nelf > Orc, instead of Ud > Nelf which was actually more out of balance. Only reason I can think off; is that there where more nelf vs orc matches/players, or that people just focused their attention more on the obvious cyclone, then the accumulation of all the small things ud has to dominate nelf.

    Anyhow; if there is going to be a new patch:

    Human:
    - Reduce cloud size from Hawks.


    Nelf:
    - Anti magic potion can no longer be dispelled.
    - Improve wellspring upgrade time.

    Undead:
    - Reduce frost breath to 5 seconds, down from 7.
    - Give carrion swarm a damage cap, not a unit cap.

    Orc:
    - slightly decrease walker upgrade time.

    Neutral:
    - Give the Alchemist +1 starting armor.
    - Fix fog-of-war drops with tinker factory.

    Map:
    - Fix where reallied units can run into the lab creeps on the 3 o'clock position on TM.
    - Fix where reallied units can run into the lab creeps on the 12 o'clock position on GW.
    - Fix where reallied units can run into the goldmine creeps on the mid-right position on tidewater.
    - Add additional trees and/or move the red camps on GW to prevent them from attacking a player his base.
    - Fix the green trolls camps on MV to be the same on both top and bottom spawn.

    Bnet/Blizzard
    - Update warden system to reduce hackers to 1%, down from 43%.
    - Put at least 1 person on WC3 custom support, up from 0.
    - Decrease bnet delay to 100 MS, down from 250 MS.
    - Fix the AMM system.
    - Fix the ELL system.
    - Incase unable to join a game, give a rapid notification instead of being 'grayed out' for 2 minutes.
    - Add command /showwhispers to show last X amount of received whispers from people.
    - Make it unable te receive a loss when your score is =>15% then the one of your opponent (in RT?).
    ______________________________

  18. #98

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiezel View Post
    Only reason I can think off; is that there where more nelf vs orc matches/players, or that people just focused their attention more on the obvious cyclone, then the accumulation of all the small things ud has to dominate nelf.
    ...
    - Anti magic potion can no longer be dispelled.
    - Improve wellspring upgrade time.

    Undead:
    - Reduce frost breath to 5 seconds, down from 7.
    - Give carrion swarm a damage cap, not a unit cap.
    Not that I disagree with you but... how are these changes relevant to NvU? Frost wyrms, dreadlords, and wellspring don't really matter in 90% of those matches. Could you elaborate more about what specifically in NvU is not balanced? Are ud units too powerful? The heroes? Or are ne units too weak? In what way?

    - Fix fog-of-war drops with tinker factory.
    Huh?
    ______________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by nelfandmeisimba
    Now tediously microing units with sophisticated mechanics is quite another thing, and is why I'll always enjoy WC3's micro emphasized game play more so than SC2's accountant like game play.

  19. #99
    Out of here! eS_no.skiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    307

    remove blademaster from game
    remove tztook from this forum
    make shadow strike cost 65 mana
    make dryad hp more
    make giants cost 350 gold instead of 425
    buff ne
    nerf orc
    nerf ud
    thanks

  20. #100
    Out of here! eS_no.skiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    307

    the only reason i commented this trolling comment is becus people are obviously trolling and not serious when asking 3hp regeneration for blight
    or 100 mana cost for shadow strike ( while deathcoil 75 )
    or asking talon from 135 to 175.. blizzard will never ever make such huge patching, if they ever gonna raise a price of a unit up, it will be from 135 to 145 , thats it. also if anyone wants to comment, pls comment out of common sense and out of logical brain, i mean don't come and comment after u got raped by a player and put all your emotions in this forum.. either use ur brain and comment ( not your emotions ) , or dont comment at all.

Post New Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts