WCReplays.com Community Forums

Go Back   WCReplays.com Community Forums > Warcraft Forums > Warcraft III General Discussion

Unread 06-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
Danesz
300 Point Level

Default ELL question

Heya guys!
Does any1 know how many games should I win on b.net without a single loss to get the best opponents?
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
Orkaz
100 Point Level

Send a message via Skype™ to Orkaz

Orkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
Danesz
300 Point Level

That's too much
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Born2BeKilled
900 Point Level

Send a message via MSN to Born2BeKilled

Northrend: 15-0 is enough for absolute max ell, with 10-0 you meet the high level people who constantly play vs max ell and a little lower.

I think its pretty much the same in Kalimdor, no idea about NA servers.
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
gahh.
100 Point Level

I think it depends on how fast you get those wins, it seems to me the server takes some time to calculate your ELL, but I'm not sure how much. For example, if you get 5-0 and come back a week later, you'd get the same opponents you'd get for getting 15-0 right after creating the account.
gahh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Born2BeKilled
900 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahh. View Post
I think it depends on how fast you get those wins, it seems to me the server takes some time to calculate your ELL, but I'm not sure how much. For example, if you get 5-0 and come back a week later, you'd get the same opponents you'd get for getting 15-0 right after creating the account.
no.
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Kiezel
1500 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2BeKilled View Post
Northrend: 15-0 is enough for absolute max ell, with 10-0 you meet the high level people who constantly play vs max ell and a little lower.

I think its pretty much the same in Kalimdor, no idea about NA servers.
Hardly,
we once had a legit non MH'ing 14 - 0 human player in our CGs, he completely crushed the 10 - 0 players. He didn't want to say who he was, but he must have been a player from the absolute top.

But yeah, if you hit 10 - 0 you can be matched to the very best players that still play. Although I guess 8 - 0 would be sufficient as well these days.
Unread 06-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
Born2BeKilled
900 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiezel View Post
Hardly,
we once had a legit non MH'ing 14 - 0 human player in our CGs, he completely crushed the 10 - 0 players. He didn't want to say who he was, but he must have been a player from the absolute top.

But yeah, if you hit 10 - 0 you can be matched to the very best players that still play. Although I guess 8 - 0 would be sufficient as well these days.
I dont quite understand what you mean by the top part. And no 8-0 or 10-0 cannot meet the absolute top ell, you need atleast 15-0 to start meeting the 30-1 40-5 etc solo accs, yes you get to play vs the top 20 solo rank, but the top20 solo rank guys dont all have max ell.
Unread 06-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
Kiezel
1500 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2BeKilled View Post
I dont quite understand what you mean by the top part. And no 8-0 or 10-0 cannot meet the absolute top ell, you need atleast 15-0 to start meeting the 30-1 40-5 etc solo accs, yes you get to play vs the top 20 solo rank, but the top20 solo rank guys dont all have max ell.
the 14 - 0 player was a legit player, without an abused account and he used no MH. He owned the other legit players with 10 - 0 like I'd crush anyone that just bought the game. I've also never seen anyone in a CG with better stats then 14 - 0. Even most maphackers do not reach that.

People with 30 - 1 are most likely abused accounts eitherway through how the bnet system works or with hacks. That are not good players ;(.

If you get 10 - 0 you'll face the top 10% of the ladder; if not the top 5%.
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
Born2BeKilled
900 Point Level

Quote:
the 14 - 0 player was a legit player, without an abused account and he used no MH. He owned the other legit players with 10 - 0 like I'd crush anyone that just bought the game. I've also never seen anyone in a CG with better stats then 14 - 0. Even most maphackers do not reach that.

People with 30 - 1 are most likely abused accounts eitherway through how the bnet system works or with hacks. That are not good players ;(.

No...
There are easily like 50 people who play northrend who can get 15-0 without hacking. Also you cannot abuse solo stats unless you get more than 6 losses to begin with. There are a few people who have done solo stats like 30-1 without hacking in the past 1 year or so, for example Rudan

The bolded part is just my point. 10-0 doesnt play the people with max ell, you only start meeting high ell people at 8-0, then you meet those high ell people until around 13-0 - 15-0 when you start meeting only the max ell people. In bnet's current state, meeting people from the top 10% does not mean that the ell is ''max''.
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #11
xan
2000 Point Level

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: System error
Send a message via MSN to xan

In other words there are people in top 20 without max ell but with shitloads of games. Or thats the point he is trying to make.
You could always meet good players @ northrend at the top if you could bear to play through field and face hackers.

We are here for a good time, not a long time.
xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
gahh.
100 Point Level

Quote:

kayo and april do have countless 25/30 - 1 accounts on azeroth, it's not at all impossible.
gahh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
Born2BeKilled
900 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by xan View Post
In other words there are people in top 20 without max ell but with shitloads of games. Or thats the point he is trying to make.
You could always meet good players @ northrend at the top if you could bear to play through field and face hackers.
yeah this
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #14
IEATBABIES
Replay Submitter

Quote:

When I played regularly I could make a 15-0 account about 25% of the time. I was "good" in an Azeroth ladder sense, but still hilariously bad compared to league players. The guy you saw may in fact have been really good, but you are exaggerating the difficulty of getting that record. I wouldn't face an opponent who was capable of beating me until game 9 or 10, and from that point it was just about having good luck in terms of maps, matchups, spawns, etc.
IEATBABIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
Danesz
300 Point Level

So tell me please who has very high ELL on north ladder?
For example Marklovesyou has higher ELL than 1991.06.10. ?
And Iwillrockyou only has an average ELL?
http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladde...=1&RaceFilter=
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
Shadotwist
1500 Point Level

I think 11-0 is the highest I've gotten I dont recall ever playing top ladder people after 11 games. Either I passed them or their ELL was still higher. And on the flip side, when I was top 10 ladder I don't recall playing people with only 10-0 and such.
Shadotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #17
practicemage
300 Point Level

Send a message via Skype™ to practicemage

If you want to find those with the highest ELL's sort by fewest losses. Of those ranked, Undercover (Cechi) probably has the highest ELL on the ladder. However, that is just ladder and a lot of the good players will reach a point where they can no longer find games because no one matches their ELL.

practicemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #18
Born2BeKilled
900 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesz View Post
So tell me please who has very high ELL on north ladder?
For example Marklovesyou has higher ELL than 1991.06.10. ?
And Iwillrockyou only has an average ELL?
http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladde...=1&RaceFilter=
max ell in top20: marklovesyou, 1991.06.10, careyou, worker0k, happytalon (maphacker), nl400headsup (maphacker), danger (maphacker). I think thats it

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicemage View Post
If you want to find those with the highest ELL's sort by fewest losses. Of those ranked, Undercover (Cechi) probably has the highest ELL on the ladder. However, that is just ladder and a lot of the good players will reach a point where they can no longer find games because no one matches their ELL.
you can do this but you also have to check stats compared to level, abusing is pretty hard and smth like 0-15 --> 150-50 can be done by not max ell players and still be ranked.
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #19
practicemage
300 Point Level

Send a message via Skype™ to practicemage

True, forgot about abuse. Harder to tell now since ladder decay has been going on so long, but if full games listings is working it's easy to check then by just viewing and seeing if they have a bunch of games where they lose in 0 minutes.

practicemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #20
Shadotwist
1500 Point Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicemage View Post
True, forgot about abuse. Harder to tell now since ladder decay has been going on so long, but if full games listings is working it's easy to check then by just viewing and seeing if they have a bunch of games where they lose in 0 minutes.
You haven't been able to check that in forever
Shadotwist is offline   Reply With Quote