Post New Thread

Thread: computer/monitor problem

computer/monitor problem

i know we got some people here that are good with comps and stuff so i figured i'd ask this question here.

so everything on my PC is basically working perfectly. however, for the last few days my monitor will sometimes not turn on.

what happens is that when i turn on my monitor (with my PC running), the monitor will show the green light indicating it's on, but it will continue to show a black screen. then i turn it off and on again a few times until it works. now that is obviously annoying, and i'm also scared that maybe one day it just won't turn back on.

what do you guys think could be the problem? this has never happened before and i haven't changed anything lately.

How old is your monitor? If it's really old then it may be dying. Also the monitor data/power cable or the video card may be loose. Your video card hopefully is not failing.

it's not 'really old', i would say about 3 years but i don't know exactly. it's an Acer AL2216W btw if that helps in any way.

it's definitely not the cables, have checked them multiple times. good shout about the video card though, i'll have to check that! thanks bro.

Post New Reply

Thread Information