Post New Thread

Thread: Search for mobile phone

Search for mobile phone

What I need:

- A mobile phone that is compact (not as large as the Samsung Galaxy S3)
    - Very good photo/video quality (HD)
    - A mono-jack for headphones + at least all the common audio-codecs
    - common video-codecs
    - high durability and stability (It should not break in pieces if I drop it on the floor from the hip-height (1m )

- being able to phone/send sms

What is not necessary/What I dont need:

- no need for all those apps etc. no need for internet browsing ( sure it can have these features, but there is no need to be as tight as the Iphone is ) I will not surf in the internet with this piece.

- no need for an ultra-great/large display

My thoughts (please rate them)

- Nokia 808 (comment please)
    - LG Optimus 4x HD P880

Well again: I never seen the phones above and I never liked smartphones or touch displays. But it looks like there is no way to get arround. Recommend me a phone.

Summ up:

Small (not as large as the S3 - somewhere in the size of classic phones/ Iphone5 )
    Very good video/photo quality (1080p would be awesome/720p should be there)
    Good audio player and mono-jack for headphones
    no need for apps, internet surfing
    Unbreakability

Considering your requirements I would go with a Nokia, but are you sure you won't regret not being able to use a lot of apps?
    Windows mobile on Nokia phones are a bit limited.

Ye. Absolutely no need for apps, internet etc. Ive got intenet in the whole universtiy campus and at home - so I mostly use my PC or Laptop to surf.

Is this Nokia decent? Is it high in quality? Anyone had experiences with nokia's smartphones?

I'd say a Sony mobile would be good for you. Maybe Xperia S? Nice camera, not too big of a phone, and a nice display to use along your camera needs. Even though you say the display is of no big deal, I think it is if you're going to use your camera a lot.

I have no personal experience with Sony mobiles, so take my advice from that fact, but I've heard that the build quality of their phones are nice.

I have zero experience with Nokia what so ever, don't know a single person who owns one of the new ones, but Lumia 920 seems nice too. Might wanna check it out.

25 Point Level

Why exactly do you not want a bigger phone like a S3?

sorry but when you list s3 size and then say no smartphone, you're switching phone types completely. no phone that isnt a smartphone is the size of the s3.

I just said I never had smartphones...maybe I was unprecicse in my post - but what I told was - not larger than s3 and not as big as s3...and finaly a smartphone, cuz smarthphones are the only phones produced lately.

Im finaly stuck with Xperia S - as "guice" said. Almost all my phones were sony's - had k800i and w950, k850i a htc (one of the first touch-mobiles - not really a smartphone, 2 different oldie nokias and even a ericson- must say that the k800i was the best mobile phone I ever had. So im kinda used to sony-interfaces.

Ill take the Xperia S. Any arguments to not take it? It seems to be overall good and should have a nice cam!

Post New Reply

Thread Information