Post New Thread

Thread: Trying to recall a FFA replay that is 3-5+ years old

Trying to recall a FFA replay that is 3-5+ years old

I'm trying to think of a FFA replay that is about 3-5 years old, probably about patch 1.21 if I had to guess. I know its been a couple years. The game is memorable to me because I remember it was on Twilight Ruins and some player had the absolute worst luck and got his base and all his units destroyed several times from the get-go. Several times in the game, especially in the early parts, he had only workers left and had to hide stuff and creep with a hero to get gold to expo. Well this happened several times and for over 2 hours, he struggled to do anything.

Eventually, the other 3 players wore each other down and it became so close that the last 2 players were so low on gold and pretty much cleaned each other up. Well somehow, this hapless player managed to make a tiny but formidable army with buildings hidden around the map and he actually won the match. This may sound like a lesser player match but I know for certain there was some good players in it, the winner among them.

Any of you know which replay I'm talking about or does this ring a bell to any of you? It is definitely at least 3 years old and was on Twilight Ruins for sure. I recall the first player to leave the game saying he had such bad luck or something like it was unfair and the player who hid stuff for 95% of the game, responded and said something like "you have no idea......"

i think i know of the game, pretty sure it was a NE who was hiding stuff.

don't know of the map twilight ruins so makes me think we're either thinking of diff replays or that i don't know maps or that it's not that map.

But yes, sounds quite familiar, had it ages back but dont think i have it any more. i do remember having a FFA replay pack or something on my other comp, i'll dig it up and see whats there within a week.

Hopefully someone else will find it before then to save me the bother.

Good work. However, I do know for 100% certainty it was on the map "Twilight Ruins." I am so absolutely positive it was on this map, no doubt about it.

And I could be wrong, but I think the player was orange.

I asked on ffareplays and somebody named Firedragon said it could of had players in it named "lone chieftain" and "oblivion" or another game with a played named "SNK."

Here is his post:

"Name: FiRel)rAgOn
    In like 2004 or 2005 I had a game like this against Lord Oblivionkz & a human player that was Lone chieftan maybe?

Another game I had like this was in 2007 or 2008 and I remember maybe SNK being in the game. I think it was SNK that came back & won... such a turd

Probably not what you were looking for, but it is all I had in my memory. "

There is a 99.9% chance that you are looking for this one.

patch 1.20

Sorry for just getting back to this thread.

This looks like it pretty much could be it. I uploaded on highperch and saw chatlog and im fairly certain the player was orange and I know it was on twilight.

I need to find whatever program that lets me watch/go back and forth between patches and make sure this is it.

Good work on this. How did you find it?

Sorry for just getting back to this thread.

It was one of the more epic replays that was ever played so it wasnt that hard to remember it and upload it from your short description.

Post New Reply

Thread Information