Post New Thread

Thread: Baldur's Gate general

Out of here!

Baldur's Gate general

Edit: Renamed the thread, because it appears to have gone so far off topic. Do we need a snappy name for this thread too?

The Baldur's Gate series is, to this day, still my favourite series of games ever. Once or twice a year, every year, I'd start up a new game at lvl 1 and play all the way through..until I moved out of home and never had time. I had the discs there on my desk to install, but never got back to it. A few days after I FINALLY did, I er...had an accident..and accidentally snapped some of them in half...

BG:EE never really filled that hole in my heart..probably because it lacks the NPC pack, and it doesn't include BG2 (yet). I could never find a reliable download either, or just never got to it. Well it's my birthday this weekend and I asked my husband for the BG compilation which sells pretty cheap these days. Anyone know of good mods for BG1/2? I know there was a pretty expansive mod community for this game, as dated as it is. I'm pretty excited to play this game again, if I can make a decision on if I want to play a fighter/mage again or something new for a change.

My favourites that I recall were the NPC packs (obviously), Unfinished Business and the Kivan BG2 mod.

I'm playing through the Enhanced Edition right now
    The graphics improvement is very cool, especially the interface. Btw I rolled a shadowdancer, this kit is so broken ))

I tried Enhanced Edition and thought it was terrible. 10 minutes into the game, I lost half of the characters in my party. I mean, talk about taking the easy way out on developing characters. Just don't develop any! Plus the combat was shit. One spell a day? Give me a break. Definitely a game that was a product of its time and is now improperly idolized.

^Dude BG is timeless. It's fine if you don't like the D&D combat system (decades old that many games are based on... most recently NWN2 which received pretty good reviews as well), but that is definitely just your opinion. Lost half your party? Lost as in they died? L2p noob.

1500 Point Level LowKeyLyesmith's Avatar

Why ban?

Post New Reply

Thread Information